PART 31: Unbroken

This chapter is definitely my favorite, end of story!

Song on the side: "Beneath your beautiful" by Labrinth and Emeli Sande :')

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

Part 31: Unbroken

I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive.

-Joseph Campbell

Avery's P.O.V.

How many crazy things would you do to convince someone that you love them?

How many crazy things would you do to convince them that all you want is the best for them?

And most of all how crazy would your acts be?

I think that many people would back off at the last moment because the fear of getting rejected after having surpassed their personal limits would weaken their knees making them crawl away from the challenge. Others though, would stay there ready to have their heart broken because either way, the risk was worth taking.

"You did not!" I exclaimed and Dean chuckled nodding.

It took Dean too long to express his feelings the right way in order to convince Hayden that he was serious. After she got in a relationship with that dude, Jeffrey, though, Dean realized that he had to do something drastic to get her back for good. Being the 'now or never' kind of guy, last night he barged in Luke's house, dragged him out of his bed and made him go to Hayden's house. When Luke rubbed the remaining sleep away from his eyes, he followed Dean under Hayden's balcony and played the guitar while Dean sang.

Yes, infamous quarterback and self-confessed player Dean Adams serenaded the queen bee, Hayden Daniels. And the song he chose? 'Someone like you' by The Summer Set.

I gave him a tight hug and ruffled his hair.

"Do you feel happy now?" I asked.

"She's mine, how couldn't I be?"

Long story short, after finishing the song, Hayden jumped off the balcony, straight in his arms and kissed him a million times while telling him she loved him.

"Aw," I cooed and he glared at me.

"Don't you dare calling me 'cute'," he threatened making me laugh.

"Okay, big boy."

"Hey, Ruffle? I think I need to thank you. I mean, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have understood that this crazy chick who drives me crazy with one glance is seriously made to be mine," he confessed, fidgeting.

"Shy looks ridiculous on you, dude. Plus, you would understand it but it would take you a bit longer without me," I admitted smiling.

"Thanks, anyways. Well, I'm gonna have a quickie with her before lunch is over. I;ll catch you up later, angel, bye!" he said and raced off.

I chuckled.

Even though she was melting him on the inside, he would never show it.

Dean would never transform into a romantic, love-whipped kind of dude which actually made me proud of him.

Credits to you, lover boy.

Asher on the other side, after all the shit we've been through -mainly because of me- was still the sweet and caring guy I met when I first came here. I could still see the warmth in his eyes and I could still by the way he smiled that I could always count on him.