PART 21: Taking care of him

All rights reserved.

Picture on the side made by IviTms... THANKS <3 < 3

Part 21: Taking care of him

“Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.”

-Mother Teresa

Avery’s P.O.V.

It’s been two weeks since the end of Christmas break and Asher and I were perfectly fine. Well, actually we were fine since New Year’s Day. Given that his mother didn’t let him spend the whole day with me because you are supposed to spend the day with your family, not a random friend, Asher waited until everyone was asleep and then sneaked out of his house and came to visit me.

I was busy sketching Winnie the Pooh, Tiger and the Piglet making a snow man (childish, I know) when my cellphone went off. Before checking the caller ID, I thanked myself for changing my ringtone cause I would jump of fear if ‘King for a day’ echoed in the middle of absolute silence. I sang along to ‘Heart Song’ by Automatic Loveletter before picking it up.

“Yep?” I asked.

“I’m right outside,” Asher’s voice said.

“And why didn’t you ring the bell or something?” I asked laughing.

“Because if I were a seventeen-year-old girl and someone rang the bell at 3:30am while I was home alone, I would hide in the closet or head to the door holding some butcher’s knives or something,” he replied simply making me burst into laughter.

“True.”

“I’d love to keep this conversation going but it’s freezing cold out here, you know?” he said.

“Oh, I’m sorry! I’m coming!” I said and shot up.

I headed downstairs and opened the door.

“Hey,” he said smiling and wiped the snow off his hear.

“Hi,” I replied smiling.

I had missed him…

“I brought some champagne and we can cook or something and celebrate the first day of the year,” he stated.

I grinned and we made our way to the kitchen.

I found a couple of champagne glasses and after opening the bottle in the usual ‘cork-booming-and-flying’ way, Asher poured some champagne in each glass.

“Toast?” he asked.

“To us. To our friendship. To you,” I said smiling.

“To us. To our friendship. To you,” he repeated and we slightly bumped the glasses.

After looking in the cupboards and fridge and decided to make some spaghetti Bolognese. When we were done, we grabbed our plates and glasses and headed to the living room. Ash lighted the fireplace. We sat next to each other and started eating.

“Mmm, that’s great!” I moaned.

“I know, right?!” he replied excitedly.

“You’re one for sauces!” I pointed out and he smiled.

I liked the way he pretended nothing happened. Maybe trying to forget about it would be the best solution. Plus, I liked being with him without having to deal with the awkwardness and tension.