PART 24: Withering lies

Hi people!

Song on the side "With ears to see and eyes to hear" (acoustic version) by Sleeping with Siiiiirens :D <3

Picture made by tanyaneochoriti! thanks <3

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

PART 24: Withering lies

“Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting.” 

― Haruki Murakami

Avery's P.O.V.

Have you ever felt like the time was broken?

Have you ever seen old memories coming back alive?

Have you ever been sure that the time and maybe your life were going back?

Have you ever?

But then again, time can't go back. Moments only happen once. Life is irreversible and only continues.

Memories only exist to remind you of moments, dreams, people and feelings that you had once but can't take back now.

So what if all your beautiful moments, dreams and feelings were standing right in front of you, all gathered in the same person who is not in your life anymore?

Are you supposed to be insane?

Mentally ill?

Disturbed?

Daydreamer?

Wasted?

Too sad?

And then, if they really were true and you were just a normal person watching his old life coming back, were you really ready to come out of your shell and face your past again after days and months and years of fighting to forget about it?

As I stared into his ocean blue eyes, I felt like I as dying.

They say that you see your whole life in front of you before you die, right?

So, yep, I was dying.

"Say something... Please..." he said lowly.

I opened my mouth to say something but no sound came out.

"Skittle-babe?"

My eyes watered and I was almost suffocating but I still couldn't talk.

He remained silent just staring into my eyes.

After two minutes, I finally composed myself and managed to talk.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered.

"I guess I'm back, Avery," he said and reached for me but I took some steps backwards.

"Don't touch me," I growled.

I didn't want to have goosebumps running down my whole body now.

"I-I missed you..." he trailed off.

I suddenly felt anger growing inside me.

"Where have you been?" I hissed.

"South California," he simply replied.

"Do you know how many years passed after the last time we talked?"

"Three?"

"Three!" I yelled.