PART 32: Getting closer

Seriously, I am so damn sorry for not uploading for, what, 4 months? I was really stuck, though. 

Anyway... 

~Not Edited.

Song on the side: 'Whiskey Lullaby'!

Part 32: Getting closer

The inability to make a decision has often been passed off as patience.

~Unknown author

Avery's POV

Have you had something perfect in your life? Someone perfect?

Someone who never gave up on you? Someone who completed you? Someone who was always there for you?

What if at some given moment you realised you had lost them? What if you all of a sudden lost them?

Woud you cry? Would you scream? Would you beg them to stay with you?

No, you wouldn't. 

You would just stay paralyzed and watch their aura slip through your fingers knowing you would never be the same. 

When I opened my eyes the next morning, cold sweat roamed my spine as I realized Asher was not next to me anymore. I was seriously starting to panic as a thousand senarios crossed my mind. Something in my head screamed that he had grown sick of me and he had decided to go.

Even though I knew he wouldn't just leave me like that after the night we made love for the first time but I couldn't help feeling cold and alone. 

I sat up, pressed my knees against my chest and d my chin on them. I didn't know how to react. I probably had to go find him. Or, well, I could keep some amount of dignity and let him go before I got further embarrassed. 

However, when my fingers accidentally touched a piece of paper next to me, my heart went back to place and I managed to breathe properly again. Asher's handwriting informed me that he was going to be back soon. 

I laughed bitterly at my silly thoughts and stood up to collect my clothes. After I got dressed, I got out of the room and walked across the corridor barefoot. I walked up some stairs and pretty soon I found myself at the roof. The chilly air made me shudder but I seriously loved the sensation. 

I closed my eyes and let my mind wander. Memories from last night crossed my mind and I felt my cheeks heat up. My skin was seriously burning and my whole existence ached to make love to him again. I hugged my torso and bit my lower lip. 

I wished Ali was still here so that I could talk to her about this newborn feeling which sacrificed one awful moment with every breath it gave my soul. I just hoped she was watching me from somewhere cause hell, she'd be so happy right now if she saw the smile on my face. 

I walked up to the edge and stretched my arms. I instantly felt the cold on me and opened my eyes to face the stained, winter sky. I felt like a whole knew person, to be honest. Not untroubled or utterly happy, but after a very long time, I felt weightless. 

Thanks Asher.

I suddenly felt a strong arm wrap around my waist. 

Asher's scent circled me like the soundtrack of my favorite movie as he rested his chin on my shoulder and buried his face in my hair. 

"I think it's time I teach you how to fly, babe," he whispered to my ear sending a wave of chills down my body.

I rested on his chest, lifted my head and brought my lips on his. He tasted like coffee; coffee and resurrection. I held onto him tighter as he deepened our kiss and turned me around. His arms snaked around my waist and I tangled my fingers in his hair.