PART 10: Hold me

Amazingly quick update right? :D

Well, I couldn't wait to upload this chapter!

I really hope you love reading it as much as I loved writing it :D

Happy song on the side: "Hold me" by Jamie Grace and TobyMac.

© All rights reserved.

PART 10: Hold me

ASHER'S POV

After turning the engine off, I got out of the car and started looking for Avery. It's been a week and a half since the last time we spent some "A square time" like she named it and I had missed it. I spotted her, I sighed realizing how beautiful she was. She was in black sweatpants and a tight black top. Her hair was pulled up into a cute ponytail. It was simple, but she was a simple girl too.

"Morning Ave," I told her.

She let out a little scream but then chuckled, still shaking. I was such an asshole. I should have known better than scaring a girl who has been through so much. Damn.

"Morning Ash," she told me.

"Wanna go ice skating after school?" I asked and her face lit up.

"Sure!"

I gave her an ear to ear grin. I wanted to spend time with her. I wanted it so bad. Last night, I had spent hours on the Internet reading about Major Depression and its symptoms.

How I realized she was depressed? Well, I didn't. One of the girls of the 'gang', Alana, told me that something was wrong with my Ave cause her smile didn't each her eyes. I sadly realized that she was right when I brought her eyes into my mind. The looked like someone had sipped the life out of them. I asked Alana what might be wrong and she told me about mental disorders. So, I searched for the symptoms of the most common ones and after remembering how she acted, I realized she was depressed.

Doing more research and I found out things that actually scared me. My heart sank when I realized that she was suffering from all these things and she could still smile. I mean, I read you can't sleep properly and you have anger issues and you feel like shit most of the times.

When I looked at her I realized the joy had disappeared from her face. The emptiness didn't let her be happy for more than that. I've never been seriously depressed so, I couldn't understand how she felt. I only knew that she felt empty. I just wished she would have fun.

When the bell rang after the fourth period, I raced off. Entering the cafeteria, I started looking for her. When I realized I couldn't find her, I decided to text her. She was probably not hungry (she's skinny anyways) but I did it to make sure I guessed it right and she wasn't in trouble.

'Where are u?' I sent her.

My cellphone glin-ed a couple of seconds later.

'Roof' I read.

'What ya doing there? It's freezing cold up there'

'Nah, it's perfect. You can join me'

I sighed. I hated being outside when the weather was this cold but I couldn't resist spending time with her. I mean, me, her, alone... How could I say no?

I exited the cafeteria and went up the stairs. Opening the door, I saw her sitting on the floor. She had her earphones on as usual. I couldn't recognize the song but I heard something like "Miss bipolar, ultimate controller" or something like that. She liked weird songs.