PART 5: Silence

Hey guys :D

A quick update cause my watty best friend, Faye, couldn't wait :)

I really hope you like it!

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

© All rights reserved.

PART 5: Silence

ASHER'S P.O.V. (Monday morning)

Arriving to school, I turned the engine of my car off and rested on the seat for a little while. The day was going to be tough. I had decided to talk to Avery about her cuts. Ι spent half of the weekend playing and replaying the scene on my mind by I was still afraid of how she was going to react. She would probably end up running away but I had to talk to her, anyway. I got out of my black Wrangler Jeep and locked it. I headed into the old building.

I hated coming to school early but every time my parents were abroad I had to take my little sister to school which started about an hour before mine. God knows why. So, after taking Mackenzie to her school, here I was. St. Barbara High always looked like a haunted town this early. Especially during the winter months. The pencil gray sky made the building look like it has been decades since the last time someone alive came here. Students hadn't arrived yet and it was too quiet. The cold, whistling air made the dark blue curtains dance around.

The first time I came here early, at the beginning of my freshman year, this place scared me like hell. I thought the curtains were moving because of the spirits of students who died here. Creepy, I know.

Walking across the corridor I saw Avery in the gym. She was sitting cross-legged on a ping pong table with her headphones on and a notebook on her lap. I chuckled. A ping pong table was an unusual place to sit, right?

"Ave?" I called.

She looked scared. Before turning around to face me she whipped her tears. My heart sank at the picture of her crying.

"Were you crying?" I asked softly.

"No, I'm fine. What are you doing here this early?"

"Same goes to you."

"I woke up too early and being at home in the morning is just too boring. How 'bout you?"

I bet she lied.

"Well, when my parents are abroad I have to take my sister to school. Do you paint?" I asked glancing at the notebook on her lap.

"I draw," she said and smiled.

"Really?! Well, you don't seem to be an extremely artistic person. And... who's she?"

She looked down at the picture of the green-eyed girl she had drawn and her smile disappeared.

"My best friend," she said looking at me, her eyes full of pain.

I have never seen her so hurt and well... I felt my stomach stir unhappily.

"What happened to her?" I asked.

"She died. She was miserable and I knew it and I didn't do enough to make her happy..." she trailed off with tears rolling down her pale face.

I sat down next to her, pulled her into my arms and let her cry into my chest.

"I'm sorry," she said a couple of minutes later pulling away.

"It's ok. I'm here for you," I told her.

"Why?"

"You're my girlfriend, remember?" I said laughing lowly.