PART 29: Saying Goodbye

I know it took me a century to update and I apologize... 

The beautiful picture on the side is made by writingismylife3 aka my bestie! Thanks a bunch <3

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

Part 29: Saying Goodbye

“Some birds are not meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are too bright, their songs too sweet and wild. So you let them go, or when you open the cage to feed them they somehow fly out past you. And the part of you that knows it was wrong to imprison them in the first place rejoices, but still, the place where you live is that much more drab and empty for their departure.” 

― Stephen King

Avery's P.O.V.

How far would you go to protect someone you love?

 How far would you go to keep them happy?

 Would you kill someone?

 Would you hurt someone you cared about?

 Would you even sacrifice your own happiness for their best?

Truth is, giving up on someone who completes your life in their own imperfect way is more than difficult. 

 However, when you know they deserve, more than anyone else, to be happy, you just forget about your egoism. You even forget about your own self. Cause, well, it's just not important anymore.

 All in all...

 How far would you go to prevent the tears of an angel?

 "I'm gonna miss you," I muttered sighing.

 "I'm gonna be fucking empty again without you around but I really have to leave before he finds out I'm here," he said referring to his father.

 See what I was talking about?

 I wouldn't even be entirely happy from now on but it was the best for him. I had to let go. I mean, his father would be happy to kill him if he realized he was back. Plus, Tristan was born to be free. Unlike me, he didn't have to try not to be prisoned. He was just made for that.

One of the reasons I admired him. One of the reasons I hated him. 

 "Well, Italy is just so far away..." I muttered.

 "I promise to come visit you, babe."

 He locked his gaze in my eyes trying to show me he would indeed visit me but I couldn't help the huge lump inside me.

 "You have Asher now, Ave. You don't need me, okay?" he said.

 I sighed not being so sure about this.

 "Fine," I whispered after a long pause.