PART 6: From Neverland to Wonderland

Hey :D

I hope you guys enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it :D

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

© All rights reserved.

"Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind and the silence of the stars? Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live."

-Nora Roberts

Part 6: Wonderland

ASHER'S POV

*Two days later*

For me, lunch was always a controversial thing. On the one hand, it was a nice break which emptied your mind and filled your stomach. On the other hand though, the cafeteria was filled with the disgusting odor of broccoli and burnt fish, noisy freshmen and squeaky cheerleaders. Yeah, I know, a soccer player is supposed to like cheerleaders, sleep around with them etc. Not me. I wasn't blind of course, they were hot and I had slept with a couple of them but I wasn't really attracted to that kind of girls because unlike my friends I hated being dragged around shopping malls and having to talk about nail polishes and clothes. I mean, What The Fuck?! Didn't they have female friends to go for shopping with? Why did they have to torment their boyfriends? No good fuck deserved it.

After returning back to reality, I started scanning the cafeteria and when I spotted Avery, I took a seat next to her.

"Hi," I said.

"Hey," she said.

"Hum... Ave... Don't get me wrong but I need to talk to you about something."

She frowned. "Go ahead."

I tangled and untangled my fingers nervously. "A couple of days ago, we ran into each other, remember?"

"Yah, so?"

"Your... Your shirt went up and I-I... saw something."

I felt her shaking...

"What did you see?" she asked, her voice trembling.

"I saw a bruise... a purplish one... and some... some cuts on your h-hip bone," I stuttered.

Tears welled up into her eyes. She looked into my eyes and then stood up and ran away. I got out of the cafeteria and followed the sound of her running steps not giving a shit about the hordes of people staring at us.

"Avery, wait!" I shouted causing her to run even faster.

I sped up and reached her as she entered the gym.

"Avery!" I shouted.

"Leave me alone!" she yelled back.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to offend you or hurt your feelings... I just..."

"You just what?!" she shouted.

"I want to be your friend. I want you to trust me Ave."

Her knees hit the ground as she hid her face into her hands. I kneeled next to her and lifted her chin making her look at me.

"I'm sorry," I said truthfully.

"Don't be. It's not you Ash, it's me. I didn't want you to find out. I didn't want you to think I'm crazy," she sobbed.

"What are you talking about Avery?!" I exclaimed.

Seriously now?! I would never think she's crazy!