PART 4: The swing

Hey guys :D

I really hope you like it :D

Please comment :D

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

PART 4: The swing

AVERY’S POV

Damn, I was late! If I didn’t hurry up, I was going to miss first period. I dashed into the building and quickly picked up my Biology books after checking my schedule. I shut my locker and turned around to go to the room 217. However, after hitting on something hard, I landed on the floor and my books scattered around me. And the worst thing was that my shirt was pulled up. I immediately pulled it back down and looked at the guy in front of me.

“Don’t tell me the rock I bumped on was your chest!” I exclaimed.

“Duh, I am a soccer player, what did you expect? I am muscular… And absolutely hot of course,” Asher said cockily and I snickered.

I gathered my books and then grabbed his hand and stood back up.

“Hum… See ya?” I asked.

“Sure,” he said grinning and I left.

Thank God he didn’t notice all the bruises and cuts which were hidden underneath my shirt. I didn’t want him to find out my secret. I didn’t want anyone to find out.

ASHER’S POV

I kept looking at her as she was walking away.

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?

When her shirt went up, I saw a huge purplish bruise on her rib and about a dozen of cuts going across her hip bone. I didn’t make a fuss about it because I was sure she didn’t want to talk to some random guy about her life. However, I knew this bruise was the result of abuse. Her parents or maybe an abusive boyfriend. I wasn’t going to ignore it though. I wanted to protect her. Why? I didn’t know… There was something about that girl. Was it her non-slutty personality? The sadness into her eyes? Her shyness? I had no clue. I just wanted to protect her.

Hell, how are you supposed to help someone who gets beaten up and cuts when you have the ‘perfect life’?

Of course, I had some troubles and all but I never got beaten up or something.

And apart from that, how was I supposed to get her to open up to me? I was a complete stranger. Maybe I should of get to know her better before talking to her.

When the bell before lunch rang, I shoved my books into my locker and went outside to find her.

“Yo, Asher,” my best mate, Luke, called.

“I’ll see you later, man, ‘kay?” I asked.

He frowned. “Fine. We’re going out after practice, remember?”

“Yeah.”

I went outside and spotted Avery sitting on a bench with her earphones on as usual. I approached her.

“Hey,” she said half-smiling.

“Hi. I’ve got an idea. You in?”

“Well, tell me first.”

“Nope. It’s a surprise. So, are you in?” I asked smirking.

She stared at me for a while. I knew she was intrigued, though.