PART 14: Don't stop dreaming

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

© All rights reserved.

PART 14: Don't stop dreaming

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.       

-Edgar Allan Poe  

Avery's P.O.V.

Rain.

For an optimist, rain would the perfect chance to go outside and start singing and dancing-like the song. I guess, feeling the cold droplets cascading down your face and body could make you feel purer.

For a realist, the word ‘rain’ was equal to not leaving the house without an umbrella.

For a teenage sex addicted boy with crazy hormones, rain would be an opportunity to picture him and his girlfriend look sexy as hell under the rain.

Well, for me, it was the proof that nothing was permanent. People, feelings, memories… Everything was temporary; just like every droplet of rain disappeared after the bright, golden sun came out, everyone and everything in our life left at some point.

Then life is pointless because you will end up disappointed anyway.

Not at all.

The point of life is not how long you have someone in your life. The point is making your time with them worth spending.

What I am trying to say is that I was super excited about staying at Asher’s for the next few days. However, I couldn’t not worry about the night. I never wanted him to find out that I have nightmares. And apart from that, I was going to be staying at his bedroom. My screams would make him wake up too. I would think of something… The point was that I was happy. I had missed not being scared 24/7. Even now that I was alone as he had to go to soccer practice, I felt safe.

“How about you move in permanently?” I heard his voice.

I chuckled still looking out of the window.

“Why?” I asked.

“I dunno. I guess coming back and finding you in my room instead of my not made bed is better,” he said.

I stood up and smiled.

He grabbed me and started spinning me around. My waist and ribs hurt like hell but I didn’t mind. I just wrapped my legs around him and hugged him as tightly as I could.

He held me for a while before speaking up.

“You always hug me so tight. Even now that your arms hurt… Why? Not that I mind but I was wondering, you know,” he said.

I got off him and we sat on the bed next to each other. He interlaced his fingers in between mine.

“You know, Ash? Everything in life is temporary. It’s like if I don’t hold onto you this tight, I will lose you too. And then? And then what I am supposed to do?” I whispered.

I was kind of embarrassed sharing these thoughts with him but he asked, right?

Asher’s P.O.V.

I couldn’t help smiling at her cute statement. She was blushing like crazy. I caressed her cheek with my thumb and brought her face closer to mine. She was once again wearing one of my t-shirts and it goes without saying that she looked hot as hell. I was decided to take it slowly but I couldn’t resist. She put her hand at the back of my neck and pulled me even closer. Our lips were almost touching. Her legs were soon wrapped around my waist.