PART 2: His girlfriend

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

 © All rights reserved.

PART 2: His girlfriend

AVERY’S POV

“Shut up,” I groaned and punched my alarm. 

I was so damn tired that I could not even get my eyelids to flatter open. I only wanted to stay in bed. 

I tiptoed to the bathroom as fast as I could, cussing at the floor for being so freezing cold. I slipped into a black punk skirt, a tight black tank top and my black combat boots. Grabbing my bag, I went downstairs, leaning against the wall for support. 

“Want something to eat?” my mother asked.

“No, thanks…” I responded.

“Sweetheart, please… It’s been two months since you ate properly… Please, just a little pancake or something,” she said smiling sadly.

In every other case I would fall for that sad smile but not when it came to food. I was just not hungry.

“No, mom,” I said flatly.

My father punched the table really hard, growling.

“Sit the fuck down and eat!” he yelled at me.

“Warren, leave her alone. She said she’s not hungry,” my mom said.

“She has to obey when her parents ask her to something. And you, fucking little brat, I’ll teach you to respect your damn parents!” he yelled and I started breathing heavily.

His punch landed square at my stomach and I winced in pain. Tears welled up into my eyes as my body fell on the floor. I didn’t let them escape, though. He kicked me and I yelped. He kicked me again, harder. This time, though, I could put my finger on where on earth his boot landed. My whole body hurt so bad that I couldn’t be sure where exactly I would find my new bruise.

“Am I clear now?” he growled spitting on my hand before leaving.

I stood up weakly and washed my hand. My mother was sobbing. I couldn’t comfort her now, though. I never was a non-caring bitch, I just wanted to leave. If she didn't want to protect me, I had to protect myself.

What if he decided to come back?

With that thought, I ran out the door. My stomach hurt so damn bad that I felt like throwing up. I was decided not to cry, though.

I looked up. The sky matched my mood perfectly. It was deep grey and raindrops were wetting my skin. The air was really chilly and I had to zip my black, leather jacket up to my neck. It was like the weather had decided to reflect the coldness inside of me. 

I chose “Lucy” by Skillet as a soundtrack for my way to school. I wasn’t the only one who acted like being in a movie while listening to sad songs, was I? The thought almost made me laugh. Key word; Almost.

When I arrived to school, I spotted Keith sat on the bonnet of a black car in the parking lot. His eyes roamed my body, checking out every inch while chattering with some other boys. I felt sick. I hadn't been sexually abused. Fortunately, he was not that sick but that didn't mean that I wasn't scared of it.

However, the moment he winked, an arm was wrapped around my waist protectively. A soft scent of fresh mint and cologne hit my nostrils and I noticed Asher standing beside me. 

“What are you doing?” I asked.

“You are supposed to be my girlfriend, remember?” he replied smiling.