PART 8: The point where the sky is connected with the sea

Hey guys :D

Dedicated to my soulmate who supports me no matter what :') Thanks, love you <3

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

PART 8: The point where the sky is connected with the sea

ASHER’S P.O.V.

When I woke up the next morning, I dashed into the bathroom, had the quickest shower of a lifetime and dashed outside leaving my  mother behind, shouting “Breakfast!” behind me. I wanted to go to school quickly and find Avery. I guess, it goes without saying that I had the worst sleep of my life. I was tossing and turning the whole night. I was afraid of what he could do to her…

You can’t live like that, Asher… She’s with him every day…!

No… This was not the same… He seemed really upset last night. I guess he didn’t like the idea of me being close to his daughter. Maybe he understood he can’t take his anger out on her anymore.

When I finally arrived, I headed in the building and put some stuff in my locker. When I shut it, I saw Avery sitting in a classroom.

Going closer, I realized there was a bruise on her cheek.  She had tried to cover it with makeup or however girls call this thing.

“Ave, what happened?! Did he hit you?!” I asked.

“I’m fine. I just fell of the stairs,” she replied firmly avoiding eye-contact.

“No, you didn’t!”

“What do you want Asher?! I told you to leave but you wanted to be brave! Leave me alone!” she shouted.

“I thought…”

“Drop it! Just leave me alone!  I’ll be better off without you!” she said as she walked away.

I headed to my next class and collapsed on a chair.

I really thought it was going to help. I thought that I would save her if her father knew she wasn’t alone anymore. I thought that he wouldn’t lay a finger on her again if he knew I was there to protect her. I was wrong, obviously. She beat her again. And now she hated me… It couldn’t get any better, could it?

Why the hell did I have to hurt everyone I cared for?!

“I’m talking to you man!” I heard Luke’s voice next to me.

“I’m sorry man… What were you saying?”

“Ah, screw it. What’s wrong with you?”

“I was just thinking about… things,” I trailed off.

“Things like the converse, emo new girl?”

I frowned. How did he know?

“It’s not like I’m blind, Ash. I’ve seen the way you’re looking at her and actually she is cute but, isn’t she too emo for your party-self?” he replied reading my mind.

“I don’t care Luke. She is special and I am trying to help her.”

“Are you sure you can help her man? And most of all, are you sure you’re trying to help her and not yourself?”

“What do you mean?” I asked frowning.

“There are bruises on her body, Ash. I haven’t seen them but I saw her wince every time people accidentally touch her. Someone is abusing her and I think you’re playing the role of the protector to make up for what you did to Sonya.”

I cringed.

“No,” I retorted shaking my head.

“I hope so… Have you told her?”

“Of course not and about her problem… don’t tell anyone.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

I knew I could trust him. Luke knew everything about me and my past and he hadn’t told anyone. But the truth was that when he mentioned Sonya my stomach stirred sadly. I was wasted that night but this couldn’t change or justify what I did. And unfortunately, I knew that if Avery found out she would kick me out of her life. Forever.

“You realize you will have to tell her at some point, don’t you?” Luke asked snapping me back to reality.

It took me some seconds to understand what he had said but when I did, I nodded sadly.

Avery’s P.O.V.

You’re stupid.

What else could I do, you stupid inner voice? Let him close to me and get hurt because my father was sick? How unfair would it be?!

Well, to be honest I knew he would try to make it up to me and be my friend again. I shouldn’t of let him do it but at least, it would be his choice.

It was still selfish but I needed Asher in my life. I really did. He was the best thing that ever happened to me after Ali’s death. The only person who could make me feel okay.

“Ms. McKinnon?” Mr. Randall asked.

Howard Randall was the art teacher. Apart from a scar on his neck, nothing else looked interesting. He was a brown-haired man of average height with black eyes. Probably at his mid forties.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Why aren’t you drawing? The sketch you made last week was exceptional.”

“W-Well… I didn’t really understand the subject.”

“Just paint something that makes you feel happy,” he said laughing.

“Alright,” I told him smiling.

Well, Mr. Randall was not interesting but he was sympathetic.

I took a look at the other’s paintings. The blonde girl next to me was painting a Ferris wheel. She was staring at it while biting the back of her paintbrush. She furrowed her eyebrows obviously trying to figure what was wrong.

“Mix up ochre and yellow to make the lights look more realistic,” I told her.

She smiled at me, I smiled back and then focused on my easel again.

Something that made me happy?

Asher…

Asher.

Definitely Asher.

I couldn’t draw a picture of him, though.

And then I remembered the first time I saw him. The thing that caught my attention was his eyes… Their kindness and their color…

You know that point where the sky is connected with the sea? The ocean blue and the sky light blue are combined creating an amazing color. Maybe the night stole some of this color and painted his eyes.

Here I am, being all poetic again…

I poured some deep blue on my palette and after mixing it up with some white, I created the clear ocean blue I wanted. I went on and painted a blue rose with time droplets or water on it. You know, the ones you find on flowers early in the morning.

“This is perfect Avery. It is a really masterpiece,” Mr. Randall told me at the end of the lesson.

I smiled mumbled a “thanks” and got out of the room.

It was not a masterpiece… It was a sign of how much I needed Asher…

~*~

THANKS FOR READING <3

COMMENT AND VOTE please :D

<3