PART 13: Nightmares

Happy month!!! :D

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

© All rights reserved.

Part 13: Nightmares

Watch as your darkest fears return to life.

Don't bother sleeping without one eye open wide

there's creatures in the night to haunt you

their arms are reaching out to hold you tight

your demons come alive to chace you...

Avery’s P.O.V. (-before Asher arrived-)

I slipped into my converse and got my bag. I was finally ready to go to school. To be honest, I couldn’t wait to see if Coach Miller had taken Asher back to the team. If not, I would just beat his ass up! Asher deserved to be in the team- Coach Miller was not doing him any favors.

I reached for my i-pod which I had left on my desk last night but I caught nothing. Wait… Why?! I started looking around the room frantically. I couldn’t leave without it! I didn’t even know how to survive without listening to music!

 After checking my desk again, I looked under my comforter and then the drawers of my desk. Nothing. I opened the closet and my eyes wandered through the piles of clothes. No sign of my i-pod…

“Is this what you’re looking for?” I heard his voice behind me.

I turned around trying to control my racing pulse. I looked at him and nodded.

“You can’t even go a day without it?” he asked.

“I… I like music,” I muttered.

“I bet you’re gonna be perfectly fine without it,” he said, threw it on the floor and stepped on it.

I heard its fragile screen crack.

“No! Why did you do this?!” I yelled feeling tears forming into my eyes.

His face turned red. He took some steps forward while I took some backwards.

He grabbed a fistful of my hair and forced my body to move closer to his.

“How dare you yelling at me?! Is it because if the little Apple shit?! You talk to your father like that because of a stupid fucking machine?!” he yelled.

I was trying not to scream as his grip around my hair tightened but I couldn’t help but wonder; was my i-pod such an issue or he was just looking for an excuse to beat the life out of me? I mean, why couldn’t he just come in and hit me till I was covered by my own freaking blood?! Why did he have to ruin the only thing that helped me control my thoughts?! WHY?!

I was utterly surprised by the totally new feeling which had taken my body.

Anger.

I was angry.

For the first time in my life, I didn’t feel sad, or broken, or numb. I felt angry. Not because of the i-pod… I t was just a machine. But I really couldn’t live without music!

“Let go!” I screamed.

I shut my eyes as I felt his big hand landing on my cheek. My knees went weak and I was soon lying on the floor.

“I will teach you how to behave!” he yelled and kicked my left side.

“This-“

Kick.