PART 3: Ice cream

Hey guys :D

What do you thing about the new cover????

I really hope you like it :D

Song on the side: 'Again' by Flyleaf

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

© All rights reserved.

PART 3: Ice cream

Avery's P.O.V.

The guy in front of me (aka Ashton Jefree) snored causing me to laugh. Yup, History was this interesting. Mrs. Colton was rambling about some random war. Our history and our past were supposed to be our roots and we had to learn from old events in order not to make the same mistakes but how the hell  a war that took place about five hundred years ago was supposed to help us?

Mrs. Colton stood up and walked across the class. She grabbed a girl’s book and slammed it on Ashton’s desk. The huge “bam” made him let out a loud yelp before sitting up.

“What the hell?” he grumbled.

“I’m sorry to interrupt your royal sleep Mr. Jefree but could you do me a favor and work for once this year?” she asked sweetly and the class was filled with chuckles and giggles.

“Only for you,” he said winking at her.

The teacher went speechless as crimson red crawled on her cheeks, receiving weird looks from the other students. 

“Okay guys, I have some questions for you. You will have to co-operate with the person onto your left and will have to hand over the answer scripts by end of the class."

I looked over to my left anxiously and faced a grinning Asher. I smiled back.

He grabbed his chair and brought it next to mine.

“Hey, Girlfriend,” he said.

“Hi, Boyfriend,” I replied and he chuckled sexily.

“I’m so lucky to have you, aren’t I?” he joked and I batted my eyelashes like Minnie Mouse.

“Here you are guys. Avery, I expect you to keep the straight A grades you had at your previous school,” the teacher said interrupting our oh so “lovey dovey” conversation.

One of the major symptoms of depression: You cannot focus on anything.

How was I supposed to keep my ‘straight As’ when you have to be a hundred percent concentrated to study history?

“I’ll try,” I said forcing a smile.

“Good. Here are your questions,” she said handing Asher a piece of paper.

“Oh boy...” Asher sighed.

“Let’s work.”

When the bell rang I muttered a quick ‘bye’ to Asher and dashed outside. Ali and I used to study History together while eating skittles. A pang on pain jolted down my body. Everything reminded me of her and all those memories were seriously suffocating me.

Tears were blurring my vision when I felt a hand on my shoulder. O-oh…

Please don’t let it be Keith… Please!

I looked up biting my lip and sighed in relief when I saw Asher’s shining blue orbs.

“Are you okay? You literally ran outside,” he said frowning.

“Well… Memories,” I shrugged.

He gave me a smile and offered me his hand which I caught and let him pull me up to my feet. 

 I always liked people who didn’t ask things that were none of their business. Asher was definitely a good guy. I mean, who else would see me running faster than Road Runner to get out of the classroom and wouldn’t ask “Which means?” or “Like?” after receiving my perfect “Well… Memories” answer on what happened to me? I always believed discretion was a real virtue.

“Avery, are you still here?” he asked snapping me back to reality.

“Yeah… Yeah…”

His eyes told me that he was thinking: “She has issues” but his smile told me he didn’t mind.

“Um… Wanna go get some ice-cream? It’s lunchtime so…” he offered.

My eyes lit up. “Really?” 

“Yeah. Come on."

We walked to the closest ice-cream shop, whilst talking about random school things. He ordered himself a cone with chocolate ice-cream and I got a cone with cookies & cream. My favorite! Ali’s favorite too…

“Hey, Asher?”

“Yup?” he asked.

“Thank you, really."

“No. Thank you. I really wanted ice-cream but it’s kind of babyish to come here, you know?”

“Bullshit,” I commented rolling my eyes.

We kept walking until it was time to go back. We shared ‘goodbye’s before going to our next classes.

When the final bell rang I shot up from my chair and headed to my locker. After throwing the books I didn’t need for the next day in it, I grabbed my bag and headed outside. Students were walking to the parking lot, the bus station and their homes. I would have to walk. I stood at the edge of the sidewalk. I looked around me and when I noticed no car coming, I stepped on the road. I hadn’t made two steps when I noticed a car coming.

Step back Avery! my inner voice warned me.

I couldn’t.

I didn’t want to.

Maybe it was my only chance to save myself.

So, I shut my eyes and waited to be hit by the green truck.

I’m coming Ali.

I knew it would hurt at first but I would handle it.

And then I felt something on my waist. It couldn’t be the truck. It was too soft and gentle. I opened my eyes only to face Asher’s face inches away from mine.

“What the hell, Avery? Are you okay?” he shouted.

I stared at him blankly. My brain couldn’t make my tongue function.

“Avery!” he repeated.

“I’m fine…” I managed to say.

He let out a sigh of relief.

“T-thanks for saving me… I guess… Bye,” I said trying to pull away

“There’s no way in hell you’re walking. I’ll drive you home.”

“You don’t have to.”

“Don’t make me say it again, please,” he said as he looked at me with pleading eyes.

“Fine,” I murmured.

I still pulled away, though. My torso was covered with bruises and his grip hurt.

On the one hand, I wanted to yell at him and tell him that he had no right to save me. I wanted to leave this treacherous world and it was his fault I was still here. On the other hand, I didn’t want him to think I was bipolar or something so I just followed him to his car.

~*~

Boom! He saved her :D

THANKS FOR READING!!!!

COMMENT & VOTE :D

<3