PART 22: Numb

Hey guys!

Wooo, I stayed up until 4am to write this one and I just love it even though it's sad...

Anyway....

Picture on the side made by thereasonilive! thanks a lot :')

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

PART 22: Numb

“I guess I should have reacted the way most of the other girls were, but I couldn't get myself to react. I felt very still and very empty, the way the eye of a tornado must feel, moving dully along in the middle of the surrounding hullabaloo.”

-Sylvia Plath

Avery’s P.O.V.

When I woke up the next day I felt unusually energetic. I mean, given that I am definitely not a morning person, I always drag my feet around the house.

Something was different now, though. I found my i-pod, connected it to the speakers and tapped on “Innocent High” by BOTDF.  As its happy music blasted out, I made my way to the bathroom and had my usual quick shower. Then, I slipped into the oh so colorful clothes I have chosen the night before and headed to Asher’s house.

While waiting for Mac to get ready, I grabbed the chance and sneaked into my friend’s bedroom. He was sleeping peacefully.

“I’m scared,” I whispered and kissed his warm temple.

“Why?” he muttered.

My eyes went wide. I-I thought he was sleeping.

“K-Keith sent me a weird text,” I stuttered.

“Don’t worry baby doll. No one will hurt you even though I am not there with you, okay?”

“Yeah… Now, go back to sleep…”

“It will take Mackenzie a century to get ready… Stay with me till then…”

“Fine but you need to go to sleep,” I stated.

“Sing to me,” he whispered.

“What?!” I exclaimed.

“I have heard you singing and I love your voice. Sing to me until I fall asleep,” he pleaded.

Ugh! How could I say no when he was looking at me with these eyes?!

I sat next to him and he placed his head on my thighs, hugging my waist. I took a deep breath and put my headphones on so that I didn’t miss the rhythm or tune of the song. I chose “Skinny Love” by Birdy.

Come on skinny love

Just last the year

Pour a little salt

We were never here

My, my, my, my, my

My, my, my, my, my

Staring at the sink of blood

and crushed veneer…

I tell my Love to wreck

Cut out all the ropes and let me fall

I didn’t have the time to go to the next “my, my, my…” as Asher was already asleep, snoring slightly.