PART 9: Anything apart from Chinese

Hey :D

I hope you like it :D

©All rights reserved.

Part 9: Anything apart from Chinese

“She didn't need to understand the meaning of life; it was enough to find someone who did, and then fall asleep in his arms and sleep as a child sleeps, knowing that someone stronger than you is protecting you from all evil and all danger”

-Paulo Coelho, Brida.

AVERY’S POV

Have you ever felt unprotected while being alone?

Even though you know there is nothing that can be done when wandering semi-drunk in the middle of the night is safer than being at home, having that special person around, makes you feel safer.

That’s exactly how I felt during the last five days. I guess Asher was giving me time to think (him and his discretion again) but still…

I was currently sitting on a desk sketching a black horse while listening to “King for a day” by Pierce the veil and Kellin Quinn. Oh my God… Kellin… Ali and I had decided to marry him. Yup, both me and her. I mean, the guy was so perfect! He had amazing looks, he was a great singer/ screamer and saying that he was adorable was an understatement.

My daydreaming was soon interrupted by the sound of the door opening. I looked up and met the only pair of shining blue orbs I liked more than Kellin’s.

Asher’s.

“Hey,” he said softly and I offered him a grin.

“Morning, Asher,” I replied.

I missed you Asher… The past five days were incomplete without you…

Shut up, I couldn’t tell him about this!

“Do you still want me out of your life?” he asked lowly staring at the wall behind me.

I leaned closer and gave his cheek a sweet kiss. “I’m sorry,” I said truthfully.

“No, you were right. You asked me to leave and I should have listened to you. I will never interfere in your life again.”

“I just don’t want you to get in trouble because of me… Apart from that, I really want you in my life.”

He offered me a warm smile which I returned.

“Wanna go out for dinner on Saturday?” he asked.

“Not like on a date, right?”

“Nah.”

“Then, sure!”

“Great. What would you like to eat?”

“Hmm… I don’t know.”

“Anything you want apart from-“

“Chinese! I want Chinese!” I exclaimed and he slapped his cheek.

“I was about to say ‘anything apart from Chinese’, god! How can you like that thing? It’s like eating frogs alive.”

I grimaced in disgust. “Ew. No! I’ll choose something for you and you’re gonna like it!”

“Fine,” he groaned.

“Asher…”

“Hm?”

“Thanks for being such an amazing friend.”

He laughed. “You’re welcome. And thanks for being an amazing friend, too. And for being an amazing person in general.”