PART 12: Guest room

Hey guys :D

Super fast update, right? :D

You may find this one a bit triggering at some point but anyway...

NOT EDITED!

~ENJOY~

© All rights reserved

PART 12: Guest room

Avery's P.O.V.

I didn’t have any friends. Ali was my only friend and then Asher… I couldn’t call him. He needed some time and I had to give it to him but I had nowhere else to go. I slipped my cellphone out of my bag and started walking towards his house. Even it was only 8, the sky was midnight black. One of the disadvantages of winter, I guess.

I scrolled down my contacts and dialed his number, trembling.

“What?” he asked flatly.

“Um… Hi… I’m sorry for bothering you but… my father said I can’t sleep at my house tonight so…”

“Yeah, it’s ok. I’ll tell my mom to prepare the guest room,” he said and hung up.

 Guest room?

But… but… we slept into his bed last night… and… okay…

W-Well… At least, I had a place to crush, right?

Right.

I dragged my feet to his house and knocked on the door.

He was the one who opened the door. He told me to follow him but his face remained unexpressed. Luke was wrong, indeed. Asher was really mad at me…

“You know where the bathroom is. Hum… Dinner in 10 minutes.”

I nodded and sat on the bed. He left… I sighed but swallowed the lump in my throat and started sketching.

Almost one hour later, somebody knocked on the door. I stood up and opened it.

“Hi sweetie,” a woman, who I guessed was Asher’s mother, said.

“Hello Mrs. Yale and thank you so much for letting me spend the night here.”

“Please call me Veronica. ‘Mrs. Yale’ makes me sound too old,” she said and I nodded.

“Why didn’t you join us for dinner?” she asked.

“I wasn’t hungry.”

“Obviously. You’re too skinny for your own good.”

“If you say so…”

“Hum… Listen, it’s Avery, right?”

“Yes.”

“So, Avery… Listen… My son is not a bad guy. He’s just mad. It’s not you, actually. He’s mad at his coach and probably himself, but definitely not you.”

“I’m not very sure,” I said trying to hide how sad I was.

“My son really cares for you. He didn’t let you sleep at his bedroom like last night because he wants some time alone,” she said and my cheeks grew bright crimson as I focused my gaze at the floor.

“You thought I didn’t know? Honey, a successful mother knows everything her children hide and I consider myself a successful mother,” she said and I laughed.

“I don’t think he cares anymore, anyway.”

“Oh, bullshit. Don’t tell Asher I used this word... Anyway, he does care. Just let him think about it.”