Packing, Flashbacks, And Lopez Tonight?

Chapter Twenty One:

Claire's POV

I was just pulling my phone charger out of the electrical slot, stuffing it into my small suitcase. I could easily picture Taylor rolling his big hazel eyes at me, seeing that I was actually using a suitcase as only going on a four day trip. It was a small suitcase! Even for me.

Looking around my room, I was trying to figure out if I was forgetting anything...

Underwear. Check.

Cute outfits. Check.

Swimsuit. Check.

Toothbrush and other things related. Check.

Camera. Super check.

"Umm.." I mumbled. I think that was it. I hoped. I was too nervous to think anymore..

Think about it, being with Taylor Lautner in a large house in Malibu? For four days. I know I mentioned this before, but still! It baffles me sometimes..

I glanced at the clock on my bedside table, and noticed that it was freaking 9:15am. My flight was leaving at 10:30! I had to get to the leave. Now. I picked up my things and made my way downstairs.

Well now lemme backtrack a bit... Going back to Sunday afternoon.

******

Once we had gotten home from our interesting-date-sleepover-for the weekend adventure, Taylor threw his keys at my dad, letting him have the time of his life.

To tell you the truth, it was the funniest thing I had ever seen. Taylor had to work through the little hints and tricks to driving the monster well, which my dad picked up fairly quickly. He "said" he would only be about ten minutes but didn't end up coming back for a half hour. Taylor didn't mind at all, but I thought that he had driven to Livermore and back. Once he stepped out of the car I couldn't help but smile seeing him looking like he was going to pass out from having so much fun.

And I knew how that felt. Trust me.

Afterward, both Taylor and I plopped down on the couch and eventually fell asleep. Obviously we never "raced" cause we were so exhausted, laying next to each other on the leather couch. My mom soon woke us up, letting us know that it was late. Well late enough to say that Taylor had to leave. He packed up, saying goodbye and thank you to my parents and I walked him out to his car.

"Sorry we didn't get to race after all.." he smiled playfully.

"I know right? Oh well." I sighed sarcastically.

"You still know that I would've won.." he pressed on the subject.

I laughed and shook my head, wrapping my arms around his built body. "Right..." his arms wound around me as he leaned down, crushing his lips to mine. My thoughts fluttered wildly while we kissed, passionately, softly, lovingly, tenderly... I couldn't think straight, though all I could do was smile.

"I'll see you.." he grinned, pulling away from my now moist lips.

"Thursday?"

"Thursday.." he agreed.

"I love you, Taylor.." my eyes welling up randomly with tears.

A low chuckle rose from his throat and he replied, "And I love you.. With every bit of my heart and soul." his eyes glistening in the setting sun as they pondered down at me. I leaned my head on his chest, taking a deep breath before squeezing him once more and letting go. He kissed my forehead gently, his lips producing shock waves through my skin. My heart leapt after him, calling after his own heart. I clutched my chest where my heart was continuing to beat furiously, it hurt me to see him walk away. But I would see him again in no time. Someone once told me that time flies when you're in love...