Chapter 26 : Well Hello, Playboy!

Oh no, why is Ria having that naughty look?? I am having a very very very very bad feeling. *smiles like a creep* Something's cooking, he he ehe!

~Ria's POV~

You must have experienced this atleast once in your lifetime. Atleast once, like when you prepared so hard for that algebra test all night long and ended up getting E? The anger, the broken dreams, the feeling of utter betrayal by those alphabets with plus and minus, the anguish and like a cheery on top, that oath that you'll never learn that cursed subject again. Never felt that before? Then you clearly isn't living, my dear friend.

Half running and half jogging to that sign to the ladies' washroom, tears leaking out of my eyes like a dam that just exploded and trying to fight that huge lump in my throat, I felt like a deja vu from when I was in my high school. It was algebra then, Adam Lexwood now.

I burst opened the door and to my luck it was deserted. Luck? Yeah right. My heels clicked on the neat floor as I neared the mirror to take a look of myself. I gasped. Gosh, I look like I had just ran over by a train. Express that too. The tears were still leaking, washing my makeup away. I quickly wiped it away and washed my face with the cold water splashing at my face making me realise everything around me.

SPLASH!

I always knew it. I knew it all along. I knew this feeling oh-so-well. The same feeling when Vicky asked me out for the first time for a coffee. Only now, it is a hundred times as stronger. Thousand times more intense. 

SPLASH!

Everytime Adam mentioned his flings, everytime another woman brought into our conversation. That feeling that I forced myself to believe is not jealousy.

SPLASH!!

Everytime he came close to me, everytime when his skin brush by mine, the way my heart beats erratically. That feeling that I forced myself to believe is not anticipation.

SPLASH!!!

Every time I looked into his stormy eyes, the emotions my eyes betrayed me. That feeling that I had so hard tried to convince myself is not love.

SPLASH!!!!

The next time I looked up at my reflection, the woman there stared back at me with utter shock, her lips parted to take in that unbelievable piece of information that dawned on her. But I saw the reality there. It was just a flicker but I can avoid it, evade it no more. I am done ignoring this feeling and getting hurt in the process.

I am falling for him.

I am falling for Adam Lexwood.

Hard.

Fast.

For a moment my heart started beating again as if he were right next to me. A feeling of complete happiness engulfed me, a happiness that finally I can label what I feel now. A feeling of confidence that now I can do something about it. But as soon as it came, it came all crashing down. My six months is over, his business here is done, he is going back, his distrust in love, his past, my past. Then I realised one more thing; I may be falling for him but if I fall, will he catch me?

I wiped my face with some tissues and binked at my reflection. What chances do I have? He has hundreds of women who are clearly more beautiful than I am, throwing themselves at his feet; what chances do I have? I slowly opened the purse that Zoey had forced in my hands and started applying mascara back on in full volume. He wouldn't trust anything called love after what Chloe did to him. Heck, he believes that love is another four letter word for lust! What chances do I have? I applied full bold red lipstick that had been washed away and retouched the makeup all over again. Well, I have to test the waters before diving and that is exactly what I am going to do.