31. My Perfect World

Two weeks later...

~Ria's POV~

I tried rolling over on the soft mattress. Keyword here is, tried. Because that was when I realized I was trapped. I looked down to my waist and a small smile spread on my lips when my eyes fell on the arm spooning me close to it's owner's body. I slowly eased myself on the hold and turned around. My smile grew bigger when I saw Adam sleeping soundly next to me, holding me close to his broad chest. His face was so adorable when he was sleeping; his eyes closed peacefully, his luscious lips parted as he breathed through his mouth and his gave me and I slipped my hands in his soft, thick locks. I started running my fingers through his soft blonde hair was tousled from sleep.

I snuggled closer in his warm arms, savoring the fuzzy feeling that it gave me. A small smile played on Adam's lips, telling me how much he liked what I was doing. That small gesture was all the encouragement I needed and I continued doing just that with a content smile.

A lot had happened these two weeks. To begin with, I had moved into Adam's penthouse. I know it is pretty fast considering we have only been in a relationship for less than a month but in our defense, I really had little choice. Zoey had gone to France with Seb and won't be back till the end of this month from their romantic getaway. Rahul said that his movie course won't start until February so naturally he went back to Mumbai. So I was alone in the apartment until Adam came to know of this and whisked me away to his penthouse like my knight in shining Armani. I protested, I really did. But every one of my rational thoughts flew out of the window when he simply silenced me with a heated kiss.

So, many of you may be wondering about my six month deadline or even Adam's return back to CA. Everything seemed so impertinent in our blissful relationship. I send Rahul back home with a note to my parents that I won't be back until I feel comfortable to do so and Adam had temporarily shifted his office to here in New York. I know we must look like rebellious teenagers to our parents and all others but we really didn't want go back when we are at the height of adult relationship. Oh no, we never did that intimate leap in our relationship. Wordlessly Adam showed me how much he was different from Vicky. He pulled away from me every time he felt he was crossing the line, even when I never asked him to. He knew I wasn't ready and I was more than grateful about that.

"Take a picture, itwill last longer" Adam rasped with his eyes still closed, his voice thick fromsleep. And I had to admit that it was sexy. I giggled and stopped my fingersrunning through his hair.

    He squirted his eyes open and I looked into his light blue pools. His eyes always reminded me of the clear skies when he smiled at me lovingly.

"Why did you stop?" He enquired with a cute pout.

I grinned and planted kiss on his nose, "Didn't you ask me to take a picture?" I turned my body slightly away from his and reached out to the nightstand. I grabbed my phone and snuggled back into his strong arms as I set the camera.

Adam tucked stray stand of my hair behind my ears and pressed his lips to my ears. "What are you doing, beautiful?" He asked me in a husky whisper that gave me goosebumps. I positioned the camera in my outstretched hand and nudged him to face the camera. The stubborn man simply nuzzled my neck as I gave a wide smile to the camera that went off. The picture wasn't what I wanted it to be but anyone with a pair of eyes and a functioning brain can tell that we were so full of love.

Love. We never exchanged those four letter and I wasn't disappointed or anything. I understood the mental struggle Adam was going through when he was letting another woman into his life again. I know that it takes everything in him to admit that he was romantically attracted to me or when he wanted to take me out on a date. Like the first night I was in his penthouse I chose to spend my night in one of the guest rooms. I could see it in his face that he wanted to sleep with me, just be with me and hold me close. I knew he was dying to ask me but never uttered a word even when I disappeared behind the doors of the guest room. But I stirred late at night to find that I was in his room, with him holding me close to him. I simply smiled and looped my hand on his neck, pulling him to me as he comfortably nuzzled my neck sleepily. Then the next day onwards I always spend my nights with him next to me, without waiting for him to ask me.