Chapter 9 : Noble Knight and Her Steed

*EDITED*

***Adam's POV***

I was driving back from the tattooing center and Ria was silently fiddling with her thumb. The air in my Ferrari was saturated with awkwardness and unspoken questions. So I felt I should start a conversation.

"Hey, how was the pain?" I asked her casually, not taking my eyes off the road.

"It didn't hurt much."

"Where did you get tattooed?" I went on.

"I actually got two. One in my leg and the other one...um...I am not telling that. It's a secret." She said with a light blush on her face. Her face a tell tale sign that she got her tattoo somewhere private; probably to save the conversation not steering towards more awkwardness.

"If that is a secret, the why get a tattoo by the way?" I asked raising a quizzical eyebrow.

"I didn't get it to show others or any thing. Its just...just to prove myself that I have freedom to do what I want." She said, her voice trailing off into a soft note at the end. Then an uncomfortable silence crept in until I ran into a very long traffic. 

"F*ck! Here goes."

 I sweared softly, leaning back on the seat in annoyance. Then I turned to Ria. Something was seriously wrong. She had her nose scrunched up adorably and lips pulled into a thin line, a habit she does when she is confused or was dying to ask something she deemed as stupid.

"Ria, why are you having that constipated face?" I asked her with a frown.

"Urg...nothing."

"You look like you want to ask something real bad."

"Is there anything between you and Eliza?" 

She blurt out and made an 'oops' face. I stiffened in my seat, the smile on my face freezing over. Internally, I was everywhere. I must have known that she was overhearing the conversation I had with Liza, but nevertheless, I believed the impossible and here I am looking like a creep in front of her. Being a businessman had it's perks; I was able to keep a calm facade when I was hyperventilating inside.

What will she think of me if I tell her who she was to me?

But another thought was more dominant than that: When the hell did Adam Lexwood scared of a woman's reaction to his lifestyle?

"I mean I understood you have some problems with her...and you both were close? If you don't want to talk about it, it's fine." She said slowly, her doe eyes wide with innocence.

I hesitated, shifting in my seat in sudden uncomfort. I cursed the traffic for putting me in this position and I also cursed my observation that made her ask me what happened between Liza and I; internally of course. I remained silent, trying construct words carefully. She turned to me, as if waitiing for me to tell her everything. I sighed. 

"Yeah. You were right. I and Eliza had an affair. Had. Some months ago. I didn't mean too much into the relationship but seems she put a lot more into it. So..naturally I had to turn her down. I never had any feelings for her or anyone in her position."

"Position?" She reluctantly asked. I ran a hand through my hair and her eyes briefly flickered over to my action.

"What Eliza and I had was... purely physical. I thought I had made it quite clear that what we had was no strings attached sex but in the end, she started acting like my unannounced girlfriend. She has been after me since then. But who wants a relationship when you can have a casual fling, right?" I told trying to lighten the mood with a nervous laugh.