Chapter 37: Blind Eye and Traitors

PLAYLIST----Taylor Swift ft. Zayn Malik - I don't want to live forever

*

~Aaron's POV~

(A/N: I know what you're thinking. OHMIGODDD!!!)

"F***ing door!" I cursed under my breath, glared at the offending door momentarily and stepping out before it gets another chance at jamming me.

Just who does it think it is to hit the sexiest man on the planet with its filthy, shitty piece of metal?

Keeping my brewing vendetta against the elevator doors aside, I strode confidently further into the office floor. My Prada executive shoes made repetitive hollow sounds against the pristine white marble as I fixed my black tie. I was looking absolutely dashing (which I know I am) in Givenchy navy blue suit and crisp white shirt, my new Rolex watch and Armani sunglasses; my mahogany hair styled to perfection and a well-trimmed 5'o clock shadow simply enhanced my edgy, professional look. I spotted a woman sitting in the reception in beige suit coat and I smirked to myself.

Blonde, my favorite.

I strode towards her and kept a dominant arm on her desk, commanding her attention immediately. She looked up alarmingly and I flashed her one of my trademark smirk that was known to make women swoon. It seemed to work, her red lips parted in awe and admiration.

"Hi." I winked at her as I removed my sunglasses to reveal my fake brown eyes and I heard her gasp. I smirked wider. "Aaron Krystals. I am here to see Adam Lexwood." I told her with in my usual sultry voice.

"I-I..uh, er..appointment, um, yeah...Sir?"

She stuttered to find something intelligent to tell me. I chuckled deep at her reaction. It's not that I haven't seen this type of reaction before, I actually deal with awestruck women all the time but each time it simply gets funnier.

"Ah, unfortunately I don't have one. I hope you don't mind." I asked her with a charming smile. And such reactions come in handy at times like this one. I put on my best puppy dog eyes and a golden boy smile that seemed to win her over completely.

"Thank you so much, Miss...." I jumped up to snatch the opportunity at her dilemma.

"Celine" She supplied, slightly breathless. I smirked victoriously.

"Celine." I repeated her name in a deep velvety tone that women appreciated. "A beautiful name to suit a beautiful woman."

I murmured my usual line in a seductive undertone; giving a false impression that I was using this the first time in my life, which was a massive psychological lie. But she seemed to buy my bullshit and blushed to the roots of her blonde hair which I realized was as faker than my eyes.

"Thank you, Celine. I owe you big time."

I told her with a flirty wink and with a rustle of my suit which undoubtedly worth more than her monthly income, I was gone. I pushed through Adam's signature dark wood door and the sight that awaited me was what I had expected to see.

Adam's sandy blonde hair was disheveled as though his fingers went through them more than just once. His lips were pursed in concentration as he scratched his days old beard, his sunken eyes scanning through a monotonous black file tiredly. His suit was wrinkled, his cuffs opened and collars loose. Styrofoam cups over Styrofoam cups littered his desk along with papers, pens and files clumsily.

He looked as if he were ran over by a truck.

"That's a lot of coffee." I commented in a casual tone that made his head snap up in alarm. I plopped on the black visitor's chair with a slight swing. I pointed at his infuriated face and clicked my tongue, "Even for you."