Chapter 2 : A strange meeting

***NEW YORK ***

A whole day trip to reach New York and I was weary than tired since I slept like a baby through my flight.

Yeah, I called Rahul informing that I had landed safely. He told me a long list of the problems that was happening back in my home country.

He said mom is still crying the whole day and I felt a pang of guilt. Then, he said it was not because of my safety and all, it was because the family's reputation was lost.Dang! Okay, now I don't have that guilt anymore. He said that Papa was frantic and was looking for me every where in Mumbai. He even send search parties to Pune. Thanks to Rahul and his ideas that come into use at the right time, I am in the other side of the globe, away from my dad's reach because I can tell you my dad is pretty influential in India.

 Rahul said that he checked me in a hotel called the Lexwood's pearl.

Nice name and nice place too. The entire hotel was in gleaming white, opulent and beautiful. When I arrived, I felt right at home in that hotel. My dad owned a few hotels back in India and the interior and style reminded me of my childhood vacations that I had spend there.

After dumping my bags in my room, I had a long bath and came out as fresh as a flower. Right then I snatched my credit card and decided to go shopping. The jetlag of travelling over 12 hours seemed to be over ridden by the excitement of being somewhere new and being a down right rebel. It's not everyday you defy your parents and run away from home right? So I whipped out my new phone and ubered to sixth avenue in Manhattan, the fashion vortex of all New York.

I purchased a lot of day-to-day clothes I would need, considering how much Rahul had put credit for me. After a much needed stop at ColdStone, I waltzed through many shops; Gucci, Armani to even Forever 21. But considering me being alone and cabbing around, I had to sadly limit my shoppig how much I could carry.

When I came back to my room an hour later, it was already eight thirty pm so I decided to go for dinner in the restaurant downstairs.

I opened my shopping bag and spread out all what I had bought on my bed. I selected one among those to wear today, a catchy red tunic dress that was just above my knees and hugged my petite figure. I put on a pair of red stilletos to match with it and red lipstick with minimal amount of make-up.  A golden bracelet with my raven hair out in its natural waves, just completed the look.

I stepped out and took the elevator down stairs. Making my way through a sea of people with the same motive as I had, I entered the restaurant and took a seat which was unfortunately in the middle of the restaurant.People were looking at me from all sides and the racist side of me suggested maybe because I was an Asian, so I took my new iPhone and started playing in it. Honestly, I had never travelled abroad and I have absolutely no clue as to their customs or codes of conduct.

Was there something on my face? I self-conciously rubbed the edge of my lips, praying that my red lipstick was not on my lips like I ate it or something.

I shuffled on the thought of doing something out of normal according to them.

But all my peripheral vision was devoted to check if anyone was still staring at me. But almost everyone was except for a man in suit who most probably didn't know that I even existed. But that guy look more like an Abercombe model to me more than a business man with his amazing physic. Sandy blonde hair slicked back with an Armani suit. Strong jaws, aquiline nose and broad shoulders; total model material. 

Wow! Now I am fan-girling some random guy.

The waiter came over cutting my thoughts and I ordered a steak-frites with red wine. Some person, right then came in and sat next to that model-business person and started talking with him. I quietly ate my meal and exited the restaurant when it happened...