Chapter 13 : Traffic Rules for the Sleeping Beauty

~~Adam's POV~~

I was drumming my fingers impatiently on the steering wheel of my BMW convertible. I took a quick glance at my Rolex and then again drifted my eyes to the entrance of Ria's building. I had been more that five minutes now and there was still no sign of her.

Suddenly the glass door of the building swung opened and a black haired beauty in a nude-coloured dress came out. I simply stared at her in awe only to realize it was Ria. I shook my head and barked a short laugh at my hormonal behavior.

She looked stunning. 

The slow evening breeze was softly lifting her silky long hair as I noticed her face looked even more beautiful with her makeup done perfect and her attire seemed like it was made for her slender but strikingly attractive curves.

"Hey! Sorry to keep you waiting." 

She said as she slid into my car. I was still staring at her in disbelief at her appearance and she snapped her fingers in front of my face to wake me up from my thoughts.

"Earth to Adam. Hello?" She said as I laughed to myself again.

"What's the matter?" 

She asked tilting her head in question. I shook my head to clear my head that had obviously been under the water since I saw her.

"Just looking at how much you have changed. You look so different in formal wear."

"So do I look bad in casuals?" She asked in amusement.

"No. But you look even more beautiful now." 

I answered honestly and I noticed a trace of blush on her face which she tried to hide my looking outside. Her rosy cheeks against her mocha skin made her more attractive, if that was even possible.

"Are you flirting with me?" She asked in a false bravado that I clearly saw through.

I laughed, "Why can't I ? I am your boyfriend." 

She laughed as well.

"Oh yeah, the billionaire's girlfriend. I mean, the fake girlfriend." She said poking me lightly.

"Shall we go?" I said turning to the steering wheel. "She have a great distance to cover."

"Wait." She stopped me. "I need to tell you some thing."

"Like what?"

"Rules to be your fake girlfriend." 

She said puffing up her chest whenever she wanted to say anything of relevance. I struggled not to ogle at her clevage that strained against the fabric of her gown.

"Go ahead." I encouraged her.

"Rule number one, no medias allowed. Rule number two, no strings attached. Rule number three, no hankie-pankies."

"Which keys?" I asked when she got over with her rules.

"That means no touching or... related things" she bit her lip. I looked at the windshield of my car again. 

"You remind me of the safety classes that I have attended at third grade."

"So do you accept it?" She asked sighing slowly.

"Yeah." I said unenthusiastically and took my car to the road.

*

My car was speeding through the roads in Virginian residential suburb with a sleeping beauty beside me. I stole a quick glance at her sleeping figure beside me and let out the breath I was holding. She looked so damn so delectable and provokative when she was sleeping. I was having a tough time keeping myself steady and I was pretty sure that I am going to get into some accident.

I ran my fingers through my hair frantically thinking what would be her reaction if I broke her rule number three. She'll get spooked and run away; which is something I would never want to happen. My feelings towards her was evidently more than what she felt towards me. 

Hell

I didn't even know how she felt around me and I never asked, scared that I might get an answer I was not ready for. 

What if I am something special to her? Or maybe simply a good friend? Or something like a brother? 

These unanswered questions were driving me crazy. I was still not sure of my own feelings towards her. What if it was just some kind of lust and nothing else? That would, without any doubt hurt her which is something I would never want to do. Deep in my own thoughts, I drove to front gate of my parent's luxurious mansion. The guards opened the gates on seeing my car and I smoothly slid inside.

~~Ria's POV~~

My eyelids were feeling really heavy. I woke up when my nose was invaded with a strong smell of cologne and mint. I smiled at the smell which made me feel so protected and so...happy. I slowly opened my eyes, trying to get my eyes adjust to the light around me.

But what I saw was a pair of breathtakingly beautiful blue eyes. I was laying there watching those two deep blue irises, wondering if the were real. I wanted to get close to it and drew myself closer towards them. But they were moving away and so did the captivating scent.

"Ah, finally you woke up." A familiar voice said huskily.

"Aaaahhhhh!!!" 

I screamed and fell back on realizing that the bright eyes were a part of a face and that those are real. Adam's handsome face came into my view, looking bewildered.

"Aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!" I screamed again clutching my chest.

"What's the matter?" 

He asked in concern. I reached up to him and he moved back. I sat up and surveyed my surroundings.

"Where are we?" I asked him, still shaking off the reminder of my sleepiness.

"My parents home."

I cupped my cheeks harshly. 

"Damn. I thought I was dreaming."

"It's fine. Come on out." 

He went outside his car and came around my side before opening the door out for me. I smiled and got up. Once I was on my feet, he said to me in a hushed tone, "It would be nice if you polish your acting skill now. There are cameras everywhere."

I smiled mischievously, "You have no idea how good my acting skills are." With that I drew myself close to him and snaked my hand to his waist, clinging on like how a typical girlfriend should do. Duh! I have seen Zoey and Seb doing this a hundred times.

He stiffened at first and then quickly relaxed in my hold. He closed the door and kept a hand on my waist as well, drawing me even closer to his hard frame. I stopped breathing for a second and my heart fluttered.

"So let's go, baby?" 

He said in his casual tone. I managed a small nod to him as I heard my heart beating in its twice speed.

Okay, I don't know what I expected but this is wayyy over what I expected. Calm down, heart.

He led me to the entrance of the mansion with an unreadable expression. Surprizingly, my own feelings were unreadable. I felt strangely at home in his arms. The place where our skin touched was burning a mark on me. I tried everything to look not affected, wondering why I was acting like a hormonal teenager rather that a 24 year old.

We climbed the grand front staircase and rang a bell. A well dressed, middle-aged man opened the door.

"Good evening, Mr.Lexwood." the man said in a deep British accent.

*

*

*