Chapter 30: We--he,er...him...I-I, you know?

OKAY! IMPORTANT NOTE AT THE LAST! DO NOT SKIP!!!

I REPEAT, DO NOT SKIP!!

Alright, now hop in, kiddos.

*

Ria's POV~

It took us exactly two hours and twenty seven minutes to get back downstairs. Adam and I spend time in his cozy balcony long enough that the party was almost its climax when we came back. He never wanted to come down and said something along the lines of, "The party can go on without me" but I disagreed. It was his dream project and I didn't want him to miss it, when we can be together later.

So he reluctantly came downstairs with me, all the while pecking my lips now and then and nuzzling his head on my neck, sucking and biting me at all the right places. Not that I minded, but I was quickly loosing my resolve and was tempted to pull him back up at the heaven of a balcony and cuddle with him all night. Come to think of it, I think he trying to make me do exactly that.

So I put on my big girl panties and brushed off his attempts at seduction. Entering the ballroom hand-in-hand, I didn't miss the cute little pout he had at his failed attempt. I smiled proudly to myself. Adam pulled me into his arms one more time and gently planted a chaste kiss on my nose. 

"Wait for me, I am not done with you yet" He whispered lowly in my ear, his lips brushing sensously against my ear, making me shiver in anticipation. With that he turned around and left me dumbfounded.

The party ended in a blur of champagnes, small talks and fake smiles. I never saw Aaron after his grand escape back in the balcony. I strongly suspect that he was 'busy', if you get my drift. Not that I minded, I was busy ogling my new boyfriend from afar as I socialised, wondering if the night could get any better.

But what I didn't know was that I was in for a great surprise.

As Adam was busy, I thought it would be good if I made a friend. Soon enough, I met Charlotte Harper or simply called Charlie, a british heiress. I could relate to her in different angles the moment she plopped down beside me and ordered a shot of vodka. Seems like I wasn't the only person who was bored to death of this party. 

"I swear I told--- scratch that, I pleaded with daddy that I don't want to come." She slurred with intricate hand gestures and thick british accent, "I had to come all the way from Australia to London and then now to New York....all under 48 hours. Literally, I crossed seven seas to come here." She sadly sunk into the plush chair, with exhaustion that her makeup had managed to coverup.

"That is bad." I grieved her plight. "I would have hibernated an entire week with that jet-lag."

She nodded vigorously, making a few strands of her almonde brown hair fall off the perfect hairdo. She smiled sadly, "I wish I could run away, you know...." She said in a small voice, the alcohol taking its toll on her emotions, "I wish I could run far away, far, far away where no one is there to control me and doll me up to present me to rich bachelors for marriage. To do what I bloody want."

Both of us sighed.

"I envy you. You managed to get away, even if it is just for six months." She told me sincerely.

I nodded back. "Yeah, but if you are ever ready for that sort of a blind adventure, I can help you." I offered, "I can smuggle you India without a trace." Her dull grey eyes immediately twinkled with hope. She kept away her shot eagerly. 

"You will?" She asked with disbelief. I nodded and took a sip of my champagne.

"Me and my twin brother will help you. However long you want. Plus, I consider myself an expert at vanishing without a trace." I winked. She smiled so happily that I felt my own spirit lifting.