Chapter 15 : Losing A Grip

~~Ria's POV~~

I was walking in the long and luxurious corridor filled with exquisite mural paintings on either side of mine. And unfortunately Adam was walking right next to me. I was still frowning.

"Why are you angry, Ria?" An earnest but deep and masculine voice said beside me.

I stopped just before the corridor took a right turn. I whipped around, making my hair fly to a side. Dramatic, I know. Adam also stopped with his hands buried deep in his pockets. He was bending his head slightly down wards, making a single lock of his well kept hair fall down to his forehead. Damn, why does he have to be this good looking? I sighed mentally as he looked at me under his lashes, looking irresistibly adorable like a puppy. I crossed my arms on my chest before I do something totally embarrassing.

"Okay, I am done with your-your...puppy eyes thingy." I huffed.

He tilt his head and instantly a smug smile played in his lips. Great, just now he was a cute puppy and now he looks like a sexy playboy.

"Somebody found me sexy.." he said trying to hide his laugh.

Damn, did I just say that aloud?!

"Yes, you technically did." He said smirking harder. I frowned harder. "Ha! I didn't mean it of course! You are too arrogant not to understand that I was joking." I lamely bailed out. Well, unlike how I wanted, I looked like a frightened kitten trying to sass a lion.

He smirked and shifted his weigh to his other leg. "Aside from you joking about how sexy I am, care to tell why you are angry?"

"You know why!" I snapped.

*  before *

Claire, Lorriane, Mr. Lexwood, Sarah and her family —Mr. and Mrs. Brookesat down on the big round dinner table with us after the dance. Well, obviously a healthy conversation started regarding...um, us.

"Are you guys living together?" Jealous Sarah asked.

"Sure!" I lied smoothly and flashed a million dollar smile.

"In Adam's penthouse?" Lorraine asked gleefully. Adam smiled, "Yeah, in my penthouse." Lorriane and Claire smiled at us enthusiasticlly.

"How did you guys meet?" Mr. Brooke asked.