Chapter 25 : The Soon-to-be She-Hulk

~Ria's POV~

"Are you serious?! I refuse to wear this dress without my bra!" I exclaimed and eyed my blood red cocktail gown that I had brought back when Adam took me out for a shopping. The dress was gorgeous but the thing about it had no back and no sleeves, not to mention the slit that began from the ankle to the upper thigh that is sure to expose 95% of my legs.

Zoey sighed deep. "You had when you trialed it, didn't you?" She asked me with her hands on her hips, a sign that she is getting cross. "Well...uhrm..." I looked away, remembering the dumb move I did that day when I got out of the trial room, I freakin' wore a shawl over my upper body. Though Adam said nothing, I burn of embarrasment every time I think of it. How naive I had been, I shouldn't have worn it if I wasn't interested in displaying let alone buy it if I was never to wear it.

"I-I kind of wore a shawl.." I admitted and I heard her gasp.

"Who would want to wear a shawl when you have one of the most hottest guy on earth waiting outside your trail room?" She asked me dramatically and I rolled my eyes. Zoey is being a drama queen cause I am getting ready for Adam's new hotel inaugration party and that she is going on a vacation with Seb to France tomorrow and she wouldn't have anyone to boss around. "Girl, you need to learn the basics of being a girl. You can skip wearing your underwear if the guy is worth it."

This time I was the one who sighed. "You aren't gonna give up, are you?" She crossed her arms and shook her head sternly. I sighed again, making a vain attempt to make her change her mind. She didn't and so I went to the bathroom, stripped and put on the tight fitting dress. When I got out feeling completely exposed, I saw Zoey smile.

"I swear that Adam might not want to go back to California after seeing you in this gorgeous dress. But right now, I think I will turn gay for you." She said and whistled as I blushed. "Thank you, if that was a compliment?" I said with uncertainity. Andd before I could think of anything, I was pulled in front of the dressing table and Zoey started working her magic on my face. She put on a nude shade of makeup and bold red lipstick to go with the dress. I didn't let her touch my hair and she left it in its natural waves. And lastly she produced a two-inch red stilettoes, which I wore without any complaints before grabbing my floor length coat for the cold.

The drive in Zoey's borrowed Chevy was very short and soon I was standing in front of the grand new hotel that had "Lexwood's Ruby" embossed in huge red cursive style. I admired the name 'Ruby', for a moment or two and its well done gardens before stepping on to the pristine marbled floor of the hotel. Once I ensured that my name was on the invitee list, I was ushered into a large hall, dropping my coat on the way.

The door opened and my jaws dropped at the sight. The hall was ginormous and was decorated so extrobiantly and luxuriously that I couldn't help but let out a low whistle. Men and women in exquisite and expensive clothings cruised around while cradiling their champagne flutes, meeting and flirting. I slowly inched through the loosely packed ultra-elite crowd, concentrating on not falling off my heels and make a fool of myself. I was super uncomfortable and super consious about not wearing--ahem! Stop thinking about it Ria, it's not like the dress is going to slip off..will it? Beside my insecurities I could feel many eyes on me, staring at me, like a burning sensation on my neck. I noticed that men were the majority who were staring at me, some women as well except that they looked with a tinge of anger and irritation in their eyes. Why are they staring? Is there something on my face? Or they understood that I arrived in a Chevy rather than them who arrived in Lamborgini or Ferrari? I let out a breath and scanned the room for a face I know will be here. 

And I felt a rush of happiness on spotting Adam admist a small crowd dressed in tuxedo, hair slicked back and looking sinfully handsome and undeniably hot. Just staring at him made my knees buckle. But much to my dismay, I noticed that he wasn't alone. A beautiful woman with brown hair and gorgeous tan to go with her curvy body was hanging on Adam's strong arms, occationally looking up at him with eyes full of admiration. I saw him smile warmly at her, a smile that reached his eyes and made his blue orbs tinkle with..love?

My feet, which were working properly until now, making way to Adam stopped dead in its tracks. That wasn't the end of the funny thing that happened to my body, I felt my heart sear in pain as it started beating faster. The world around me ceased to exist as I could simply feel my heart beating erratically and a sweep of sadness, anger and a feeling betrayed washed over me. I felt my lips part to accomodate my breath that were ragged now. As if on cue, Adam's ocean blue eyes met mine and I felt myself getting all mushy again. He smiled broadly at my direction before whispering something to the women in his arms and leading her towards my direction. I wanted to run away but my competely uncooperative legs remained where they were. The woman smiled at me and I painfully pulled the corners of my lips to resemble something of a smile.

"Hey" Adam said once he came to a stop.

"Hey" I replied, my voice as dry as a sandpaper. I didn't complain, I was busy concentating on my tear glands that were burning with tears. I felt his heated gaze silde down my body and when I met his eye they were darker that they were supposed to be. "You look stunning tonight" He said , as if he wanted to tell more but could never make it. I nodded weakly, "Thanks" I looked the woman in his arms was confusedly looking at me. 

"Oh yes, this is Kimberly and Kim," He called the woman in her pet name that flared my anger "This is Ria." He introduced me and I blankly looked at the woman who perked up at my name as if she recognised me. "Ooh, so you are that Ria he mentioned! You saved his neck by acting as his girlfriend, didn't you?" She asked and I grimanced. "Its a pleasure meeting you, finally. I am Kimberly, Adam's date for tonight cause both of us are single" She winked at me before laughing. I ground my jaws trying to contain the anger bubbling inside me, making me want to release my inner she-Hulk and bash her pretty head on the table.

"I always end up being his date, you know and I had recently broke up with my boyfriend so Adam being my--" She rambled and due to her sheer luck Adam intervined. Otherwise, he would have to watch his date's head rolling on the new white marble of his new hotel. 

"Kim, as much as I admire you babble, do close your pretty mouth for a while dear" Adam playfully said and I nearly wanted to gag openly. Admire her babble? Highly unlikely. I knew then that I couldn't stay here much longer, suppressing all the anger under the fake smile that I was wearing. Inside I was dying. I cleared my throat and both of them looked up at me, Adam's face immediately locked in confusion as if reading my face.

"Er, enjoy the party both of you...I-I will be around" I excused slowly backing away from the couple. Adam's eyes pierced mine with so much intensity that I felt as if he could see right through me.

"Ria, what's wro---?"

"See you both"

With that I whirled around, walking away aimlessly from them as fast as I can, as a drop of tear fell on my cheek, my heart aching and feeling dizzy with each step I took. But I couldn't help asking: Why am I crying?

Yes, I am back! I know I had taken an small break from updates (almost half a month) but what can I say? I was confused. Orginally, there was supposed to be another chapter before this in which Adam meets Rahul but I deleted it. Why you ask? Cause I didn't want to drag the story too much and just before hitting that publish button I changed my mind. Honestly, I think that part was ultra lame. Like super duper lame. So I postponded the Adam-Rahul meet for another senario where it will be more amusing.

And for those who cringed back when Ria wore an awkward shawl with that sexy outfit, there you go. Ria herself is embarrassed. But let us forgive her, she is very wierd at some point of her life; we all are!

So hit that star button if you liked this chapter and if you think you can suggest some changes or give me some pointers make sure you comment. And you think you want to cheer me on further, you could always share this with someonelse whom you think will enjoy this story.

Your pretty-wierd author,

S!ya

P.S-- Recognised Kimberly??