Chapter 21 : Seeing Red

~Adam's POV~

I gripped the railings of the VIP balcony like a boa constrictor. Ria was blissfully unaware of my hot gaze on her as she clinged on to the blonde European, laughing at something he just said and letting him lead her to the dance floor. 

"Adam? What's the matter, man?" Aaron sent away his girls with a flick of his wrist "You look..er, quite not in a good mood.." Aaron said slowly as if threading on thin ice. He is well aware that it's isn't a pretty sight when I am angry. He had experienced the intense of my anger issues multiple times. I simply grit my teeth while watching the proceedures downstairs with interest. 

Why am I getting angry at her? I am just her friend and there is no need for me to get angry over some fling that she is having! I myself was making out with a random woman seconds ago.

How ever I tried to justify myself over getting angry about her..it just doesn't seem right. I gripped the railing so hard that my knuckles truned white. I tried to calm myself but I just couldn't bring myself to it. And with a grimace I realised what it was about. A feeling that I haven't felt for ages. Jealousy. I took a deep breath.

"Aaron, who is this Ace?" I asked, or probably sneered.

Aaron looked confusedly at me and back at Ace who was dancing with Ria downstairs. "Well, Ace is an illegal gambler..basically. I have heard he has other illegal business and a few connections in mafia and black market. But I don't think he is that much of a harm though. He is a well known among ladies and such.. almost to my league. Heard he had some police problem and shit a few-"

"He is a womanizer?!" I practically yelled. Aaron flinced and kept a hand on my shoulder, signalling that I need to calm down which I instantly did. 

My mind was buzzing. Does she know what sort of person she is dealing with? What if that guy is into trafficking? I bore my gaze at her, so beautiful in the dim light, her soft features alit in humour. I turned around in a flash and stormed past Aaron who was utterly baffled. He caught up and stood in front of me, blocking my way. I grit my teeth in a warning not to mess up with me now. 

"Do you know that girl?" Aaron calmly asked and I stared coldly at him. He boldly held my gaze.

"Yes." I managed to say before storming past him like a bull towards the staircase. I caught Aaron smiling with a wicked look and I could say he was thinking of something. I almost didn't catch him say, "Finally, I get to repay for what I have done."

In a flash, I was standing on the dancefloor where hundreds of men and women were busy drinking, dancing and making out. At the very end, I spotted Ria with her 'friend' taking her back to the counter. I pushed away the drunk woman clinging on me as I advanced towards her. She was barely some meters away. If I reach there, that dishwasher blonde is really going to pay and he better watch his head.

15 steps... I watched as Ria got up and hugged that man. I let out a growl and pushed a drunk man out of my way rashly.

10 steps..

She blushed at something that guy said and pushed his chest playfully. That guy better think of his death wish now.

8 steps.. 5 steps..

I watched as the man turned on his heals and disappear into the crowd. For a moment I contemplated on following that guy and punch the daylights out of him. But suddenly a familiar voice broke my train of thoughts.

"Adam? Is that you?"

~Ria's POV~

Ace held my elbow and waist gently, leading me back to the counter after our dance. I looked up and smiled at the gorgeous man next to me. "Aren't you a gentleman?" I teased and Ace cracked a dazziling smile. "Only for you, mon amour." Ace replied as he helped me up the chair.