Chapter 34: Déjà vu Disaster

CHAPTER 34: Déjà vu Disaster 

AKA Don't Kill Me Chapter 

PLAYLIST----Grenade - Bruno Mars

*

My eyelids felt as if they were made out of lead and my whole body was aching badly. Without opening my eyes, I knew I had too much of vodka yesterday. And the idiotic Aaron had to lure me into drinking till I passed out.

So things went this way. I called Anderson as soon as the plan was popped yesterday and both Aaron and I squeezed into the backseat before stopping at the bottom of Adam's luxurious penthouse. Then we proceeded to search for the secret stash but never found one. Finally, Anderson who was watching us weirdly the whole time volunteered to help and miraculously, he found it. And the last I remember is Anderson leaving us tipsy as we continued to drown shot after shot, wondering how pissed Adam would be to find his vodka disappear in a nick of the time.

I groaned in pain. Just how much of shots did we drown yesterday? I tried to pry open my eyes but I gave up the effort to do so just 10 seconds of it. I shifted my tired body away from a source of light that was currently hurting my eyes, even though it was closed. So I figured out two things; it was morning and I was in a bed.

Aw, I thought with a smile, Aaron must have carried me up to my room after I passed out.

I always knew he was a brother I never had. But that particular brother, I decided, was in deep shit for my killer hangover today. Suddenly, I felt something warm move beside me. And it instantly hit me.

Adam was back from California!

I smiled through my closed eyes, relishing in the warmth that cocooned my back and snuggled closer to him. He must have come early morning and slept next to me, I concluded as I sighed silently. Adam groaned behind me. Is he too having body pain like me?

That question prompted another question that was more important, why was I having body pain? Why am I so rattled? When my groggy brain couldn't come up with any answers, I took a deep breath and pried open my eyes to the white celling of the penthouse I had grown to calling my home since the past three weeks.

Somehow, Adam's cologne smelt different that morning and I was feeling funny. I blamed it all on the all-out-drinking-fest yesterday. Adam groaned again, this time louder. With a frown I turned about in the bed and saw that Adam had buried his head deep under the duvet, which was so out of character for him. Suddenly another possibility flitted across my brain; is he drunk as well? I didn't push away that suspicion, maybe he joined us.

With that suspicion alive in my mind, I watched with piqued interest as he shuffled underneath the white duvet we shared. I smiled as I realized I had never seen Adam drunk out of his boot, I decided I should make use of the moment while it lasts. Expecting to see his messy blonde hair and his handsome face that I had grown immensely fond of, I peeled the duvet away from his face.

I froze. I forgot to breathe momentarily and cold dread settled in my abdomen. Rolling his head in a sleepy haze was not Adam but Aaron. Something was seriously wrong; I could feel the ominous feeling that wedged itself within me as my eyes flickered down to Aaron's naked chest.

I got up slowly, I tired muscles screaming and yowling in protest and making me wince. I peeled off the duvet from my body and realization made me hands tremble. A lump formed in the back of my throat when I noticed I was naked. The dull ache in my head tripled, making me lightheaded.