Chapter 14 : Billionaire's girlfriend Jealousy

"Good evening, Mr. Lexwood."

 A sharp and curtly dressed man said in a British accent. He was a little on the shorter side but made up for that with his warm smile and sunny attitude.

"Good evening to you too, John." Adam replied formally. For a moment I mused at how wonderfully the name John suited the man in front of me. Suddenly, as if he noticed me at then he greeted me a few seconds later, "Oh! Good evening, ma'am"

I smiled and greeted him back, shaking hands. "I am John Sutherend, David sir's butler. You must be..." he trailed of and seemed to hesitate at that point.

"Girlfriend? Yes. Ria Malhotra." I completed it for him.

His smile broadened, "Ah, I see. Welcome to Lexwood's Residence." I opened my mouth to answer but another deep voice answered instead.

"Yes, John, now that pleasantaries are aside can we enter as its unbearably cold outside?" 

His voice was a tad bit annoyed. I frowned. It wasn't unbearably cold outside.

"I apologize sir. Please come in." Johnathan said sheepishly as he moved aside. Adam pressed his warm hands on the small of my back, gently pushing me inside. Once we were inside, Adam turned to Johnathan. 

"Where are they?" He demanded. "Main hall sir. Everyone arrived even the Brooke family. Only your—" Johnathan explained only to be cut off by Adam.

"I know. I was informed." My frown became deeper and I looked at Adam who stared back at me. Our 'staring competion' was inturupted by a fake cough. Both our eyes darted back to the neatly dressed British butler. "Mr. Lexwood. Ms. Malhotra. I take your leave now. I have a lot of unfinished businesses to attend. Enjoy the evening sir and ma'am." With that he briskly walked away with his leather shoes loudly tapping on the wooding flooring.

Once Johnathan was out of earshot I asked Adam, "Did that man just came out of a Victorian painting?" Adam gave a booming laugh that nearly startled me.

"Ria you are yet to see the rest of my family. After that you will come to a conclusion that Johnathan is the most sane person here." He said leading me to the grand stair case.

"That is totally encouraging." I replied dripping with saracasm. "But anyway, who is David?"

He shrugged, "My dad?"

Okay that is seriously disheartening. I know absolutely nothing about his family and is pretending that i am his true love. Nice going, a voice inside me snickered. I shoved all those thoughts aside and quietly followed Adam. Soon we reached two big wooden doors that were opened by two of the securities who stood erect on seeing Adam. We slowly sailed inside. When we entered, my jaws dropped. It was a beautifully decorated hall with a classy aura everywhere. Ribbons, beautiful flowers— not to mention my favoraite lillies— It was plain...expensive and amazing. Ah, the perks of being a billionaire.

"Wow.." I said in a mere whisper as Adam simply smirked next to me.

Suddenly, a soft feminine voice called out pulling me from gawking. "Adam! You came!" A woman of about fifty or so, clad in a peach party gown came half running at us. Adam left my side and bend down to embrace the woman. "Thanks mom." I heard him whisper.

Shocking to say but the moment he left me, I felt a strange loneliness. Even though he was around only for a few minutes, I missed his warmth. Or the smell of his cologne and mint. Or his Armani suit rustling beside me. Or—