Chapter 33: The Coffee Date

*

I was in a cute pink sundress that teasingly dropped till my knees, the color bringing out my mocha skin tone appreciatively. I didn't bother with makeup but pulled the voluminous mass of my hair into a simple messy bun. Grabbing my purse, I exited Adam's penthouse to his favorite grey BMW.

Adam had left for California five days ago and my pride doesn't allow me to admit the fact that I am missing him terribly. It was worse than I thought it would be, every single thing reminds me of him and it is tough considering that I practically live in his house. The bed had the faint trace of his powerful cologne and it drove me crazy that his absence is affecting me so. So I contented myself in sleeping in his t-shirt. I know, it was cheap clingy girlfriend move but being surrounded by his enticing scent as I listened to his husky voice over the phone made me feel that he isn't on the other side of the country.

The time difference between California and New York wasn't that great yet there was. I would sleep late, waiting for Adam to retire to his bed so that we can talk. And he never failed me. He called me every night after a tiring day at work, never disconnecting the call unless I feel guilty and asks him to do so. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend.

Oh, you must be wondering why I was moving to in Adam's car with Anderson driving me around Manhattan when Adam is in CA and Zoey gone with Seb for their prolonged romantic getaway.

I was going to attend my promised coffee date with the Night Adonis of New York himself, Aaron Krystals. If you'd have told me an year ago that I would have been dating one of the most eligible bachelor in the globe and is going to have a coffee with the most sexiest guy in the planet, I would have questioned your mental stability. But the fate had brought me here, in the backseat of a grey luxury car.

I believe in fate, I do. I cannot help myself after the turn of events in my life.

Anderson parked the car near the coffee shop we planned on meeting up, a dainty little shop called 'Hot Cup' that overlooked the only non-concreted place in Manhattan, the central park. He asked me to be safe and ring him when I am done. I smiled at him and nodded as I slipped out of the car into the shop.

Anderson and I had come closer after my stay in his boss' place and is such a sweet guy underneath the entire tough guy exterior. I smile softly to myself wondering how much of a sweetheart he was; with Adam gone he had never stopped following me or acting protective over my safety.

My eyes were scanning for a familiar handsome roman face, a pair of sultry brown eyes that oozed charisma. Even after wearing a white tee with dull washed hoodie and faded jeans to look like any other New York commuter and look inconspicuous, he was undoubtedly the apple of every female's eyes in the room.

His glassed eyes fell on me and he sends me a wink in my direction with a grin that displayed all his pearly-whites. I returned the smile and walked towards his direction, with jealous women glaring at me. Aaron stood up to receive me with a gentle, chaste kiss on my cheeks before offering me the chair.

"And I thought chivalry was dead!" I told him teasingly as I slid into my open seat. Aaron chuckled as he pushed me closer to the cute French table. He went around and sat opposite to me.

"Anything for my cartoon baby." He winked charmingly. "I almost expected you to stand me up on this date." He told me once I stopped shuffling my butt around the seat, trying to find a comfortable position.

"Why?" I asked with a raise of my eyebrow.

"Well, I expected Adam to go all ape-shit crazy on you. Like forbid you or put you under house arrest or something." The humor from his eyes drained momentarily, "I don't blame him, you know."