Chapter 28: Missed Me?

PLAYLIST: Will Young - Jealousy 

~Adam's POV~

****MINUTES BEFORE THE DANCE****

"Owch!"

I snapped back into reality and looked down at Kimberly who was glaring at me. "Sorry" I apologize and loosened my death grip on her waist. She shuffed slightly, never lowering her intense glare on me with her doe eyes. I sighed and rubbed my jaws in frustration.

"Adam, is everything----" I didn't hear the end of what she said and my heated glare fell on the raven haired seductress sitting in the bar counter, laughing at something what that son of b**** said. I grit my teeth, trying to reign in all the anger which was bubbling within. If looks could kill, Aaron would have been six feet under. 

I took a deep breath. I shouldn't snap, not right now. Not when my dream project is getting at its full swing. Afterall, what's wrong with him doing some harmless flirting with her. It's not like she is girlfriend or anything. She is just my friend.

'Or is she?'

I tensed at my stupid consiousness' remark. "Ow!" Kim exclaimed again and immediately I let go of her waist. "What the hell Adam?! You trying to lead me or strangle my waist?" Kim sneered at me and I looked back at her chocolate orbs. "I am sorry Kim..I am a bit distracted.." I trailed off and looked back at the couple in the bar counter. "Yeah right" Kim scoffed and continued flashing her million-dollar-smile at my associates.

My blood started boiling when Aaron kept his drink away and started leaning in on Ria, more than how much I would appreciate. I watched with pure unadultered anger rising inside me as Aaron tucked a strand of her loose hair and started trailing his finger down her jaws as he whispered something in her ears which made Ria stiffen visibly. I let out a low growl, narrowing my eyes into thin slits.

"Adam?" Kim's whisper broke me out of that anger trance. So much for harmless light flirting, Krystals. I looked down at her face laced with concern, my jaws still tense. She quitely followed my line of vision and spotted Aaron and Ria who were in a seemingly serious conversation. Her eyes lit up almost mischeviously.

"Aaron's hooked himself a stunner tonight." She commented as she looked up at me, "I bet he'll have her where he needs her by the end of the night." She said and winked at me. This time I growled louder, right at her face. She burst out laughing as a smooth waltz song started playing. She controled herself and looked into my eyes seriously. "I understand that you have a thing for that girl there." She began but I opened my mouth to protest but she beat me to it. "Stop denying and start accepting, big brother. I know that your past is shit and all, but stop being so whiny about it. Do something about it. Not all women is Chloe. Grow a pair and talk to her, shithead!"

With that she vigorously broke away from me and stomped away angrily, just like how she used to do when she was 10. I smiled after her. What would I have done if I didn't have an amazing sister like her? Whatever she said struck a chord in me. Not all women is Chloe. I knew from the start that I was falling for Ria and that she wasn't one of those attention seekers like Chloe. It is time I had to man up and tell her about what had been haunting me. I looked back at her smiling face and felt myself smile. 

This is it. I lost the fight with my feeling for her. Even if she denys me, I will still get rid of that deadweight that hand been haunting me ever since I met her.

I watched with mixed emotions as Aaron pulled her up for a dance. She swayed unsteadily on her feet and I knew then that she was drunk. I felt a knot tighten in my stomach when I glanced at Aaron's smirk. 

I know him better than anyone. He will get what he wants and that smirk told me that he already had his eyes on the prize. I felt myself getting red with rage when I knew that his prize was Ria. She smiled at him and I saw him passing her one of his notorious smile when they positioned themselves for the waltz. I stood a there and watched him place her hands on his chest, all the while Ria talking to him. He seemed to nod to everything and they started swaying to the beat. I crossed my arms with a hard resolve that my best friend will have his arms amputated if he tried anything on Ria.