Chapter 18 : Punches? I Don't Think So!

RECAP:

... I tackled her on to my bed. That was when the door flew opened.

~Ria's POV~

Adam sucked in all his energy and pounced on me, pinning me down with his enormous weight. Geez, I wish I was a little more heavier than I am. That precise moment, the door to our--ahem!--his bedroom flew opened. Both our heads snapped towards the door and there stood a very, very shocked and surprised Claire.

"Claire?!" Adam and I called out simultaniously. 

Claire's eyes were wide and she covered her mouth with her petit hands. "I am so sorry. I forgot you two were in here. I thought you might have taken one of the guest rooms."She explained, her eyes still wide as a saucer.

Huh? That is strange.

That was when Adam and I stopped to look at the position we were in. The bed was crumpled, a bed-side lamp broken, Adam's shirtless, my hair looking like an eagle's nest, wearing his tee and he's basically straddling me! I know, the perfect ambience to get 'misunderstood'. You know what I mean right? We scrambled up quickly, hitting our heads in process and both of us fell back yelling, "ow!". Then we crawled out of the bed, embarrassed and to add to my embarrassment, I slipped on the bed cover and landed on the floor staright on my bum. "ow!" I yelled and Adam towered over me in his glorious 6 ft. 4 height, stiffling laughter. He lend me a hand and heaved me on to my feet. 

Claire, who was watching all this , had abandoned her surprise and was chuckling discreetly. I stood next to him, hands crossed aand conveniently glared at Adam who simply shrugged. He then turned to Claire who apparently found the whole escapade funny. "Claire, what are you doing here?" Adam crossed his arms, flexing his biceps. Holy mother of cupcakes! would you look that  biceps? Only now, I came into my senses and looked at his torso. His body was lean and muscular, not in a body builder way but more like a swimmer, that I nearly swooned.

 Did I ever mention that I had never seen Adam's tattoos? Wel, now I did. There was a skull to his left chest and a few writtings from his shoulders to his upper biceps. He had a few random tattoos down his abdomen till his packs. Who knew that 'the granite of business' had such cool tattoos like these? In a word he was super-hot-and-swoon-worthy-human-being. Get what I mean? Adam and Claire were busy talking--or well, arguing about something and I had trouble keeping my eyes to myself. Why do they keep going to Adam's body? God, I think I will be scared by this sculpted body of his. Finally, when I was completely successful in tearing my eyes away from him, I listened to their conversation.

"Claire, how did your fur shawl end up in my bedroom?!"

"I tild you Adam, I had lend it to Sarah and she forgot it in your room. When I asked about it, she said she left it here."

"Here? I told you not to give my room to her! For heaven's sake, there are hundreds of rooms in this house!" Adam snorted.

"She is very persuasive. Besides, I didn't know that both of you were busy making babies for me!" she said excitedly and winked. I looked at her, eyes wide, "I-I don't-we" I stammered helplessly. In a flash, Claire was inside the room, holding my shoulders in worry. "Don't tell me you don't like babies!" she said gravely. "I-I" I said unsucessful in completing my sentence. "Don't tell me thaat you don't like babied" she repeated "you know, you will be giving birth to the next successor of Lexwood empire, if it is a boy. It doesn't matter even if it is a girl, it will delightful even,--" She yammered on.

"Claire, you are scaring her." Adam interupted her and I looked over thankfully at him, who nodded. Claire sighed and looked over to me warily. "Atleast tell me you like babies.", she said softly.