Part 5 Chapter 3

Ayanokoji Kiyotaka's PoV

There are just 2 days left before the Sports Festival. Class-D have been practicing well with Sudo's guide and we had quite a few practice along with Class-A for some games. Some things happened as we practice though, Class-C is blatantly provoking Sudo as they watch some of our practices. As expected Sudo took their bait but before anything bad happen, Horikita was there to stop him. Their relationship is growing close little by little. However it was like a owner-pet relationship.

"Ayanokoji-kun."

It was a surprise to think they would end up having that kind of connection.

"Ayanokoji-kun."

I wonder what triggered for it to happen.

*Flicks an eraser*

"Why?" That was close.

"I have a question." She doesn't seem surprised I caught the eraser. I thought it was great.

"What is it?"

"Don't you think Ryuen is moving so carelessly?" She asked.

"I don't know." I guess she is a little anxious about Ryuen's actions.

"I think he's playing to lose."

"That's a narrow thinking isn't it?"

"How so?"

"No matter what they do all classes play to win. No leader would want a downfall."

"Your right. But..."

"But his move is too forward."

"Yeah. That might be a bad move."

"Even if they were to lose, they might be aiming for something. Remember there will always be a bigger picture, a goal outside of a normal outlook."

"....."

"....." I stared at her confused face.

It's enjoyable to teach someone like this.

"I get it a little bit. I guess?"

"Good for you then."

"Ayanokoji-kun. Will you perform at your best at Sports Festival?"

"I'll think about it."

"But you took the spot for the anchor. I want that spot, so if you don't perform well. Something might happen to you."

"Okay...." Without her telling what she will do, I already know what it is.

"I'll be training then."

"Horikita. Goodluck." I said as I went back to stare at the window.

While she is anxious about the Sports Festival, my excitement is just as much.

____

After few minutes of talking with Horikita before she train, I went to the library to look at a few books.

When I got there, I look at the shelf where the mystery genre are. For the past few months I have read only the works of Agatha Christie and it was very great stories.

While looking at the books, I saw someone familiar from my peripheral vision. It was Nagumo walking past the shelf. He was alone but seem to be looking for someone.

Not my business to know what he was looking for so I'll let him be. I let the time pass as I went through book after book seeing if something caught my interest.