NEW YEAR CHAPTER 🎇

Ayanokōji Kiyotaka PoV

It's 11:00pm right now, normally at a time like this I would just be lying at my bed resting but someone invited and now I'm waiting for that certain someone to come here at my dorm before we head to our destination.

-Knock, knock.-

As soon as I heard that I immediately open the door yo see a beautiful and cute girl in front of me, it was Sakayanagi.

(Props to Random_Person2005713 for coincidentally having this profile when I'm looking for COTE new year art. Coincidence can be freaky.)

"Is there something on me? Why are looking at me like that?" Seem like my gaze was too  obvious.

"It's nothing you just look good in that yukata." When I said that she look surprised but just brushed it off by smiling and complementing me.

"You look good in that too." Well it's just my first wearing this but her compliment did look genuine. Do I look really good?

"Anyway should we head there?" She said.

"Sure let's go before it's starts." I replied and she started slowly walking with her cane so I matched her pace till we reach our destination.

꧁⌨︎꧂

When we reach the place there were a lot of stalls surrounded by students ranging from 1st to 3rd years.

We still have a lot of time so we both went to each stall.

"They both look cute."

"Are they a couple?"

"How sweet~"

"Wait isn't that Arisu Sakayanagi from Class-A?."

"Right. Why is she with someone who looks like from other class?"

"That guy's name is Ayanokōji I presume."

"Sounds useless."

Chatter of all students started to get louder when we started walking towards every stall. Their chatter is something I should just ignore but they are talking about me some of them even said my name sounds useless, well I can't blame them or myself since my name isn't something I decided myself.

"Are you worried about them?" Sakayanagi suddenly asked.

"It's all good. How about you?" She doesn't seem uneasy or anything like that but I'm just confirming.

"I don't really care about the other people unrelated to me so it's fine to me." She said with a soft smile while looking at me.

"It's 11:50 we should head there it's about to start." I said.

We both started to head to the place.

When we arrive it was just the two of us, actually I suspected it as soon as we started to went to higher grounds and a lot of people wearing the same outfit like us is seen down there but I didn't ask questions since she seem to put effort to spend some time with me alone by going to this place.

"The air here is colder isn't it?" She asked as leaned on the railing looking up at the sky.

"Yeah it feels cold." I said as went beside her.

"Ayanokōji-kun how was your experience on your very first school life this year?" She ask but she didn't looked at me.

"Well to be honest I didn't find the peacefulness in here and it wasn't the best place to be but here I experience a lot of thing that are new to me. I ate new kinds of foods, seen a lot of things I only read in books, and most importantly I met new people that help me understand the outside world a little better."
My life before wasn't boring it's just the atmosphere there it was the lifeless atmosphere that suffocated me that make me want to survive that hellish place to escape there was my goal and thanks to Matsuo who saved me without something in return. I might sound cocky but to me the outside world is easier to deal with than the White Room but that place didn't teach me something very important in the outside world, it was 'socialization' that's something you need to have to rise higher in this world because even if you don't have good looks, physical prowess, or being a genius but if you have a great skill in Socializing you will be able to rise because it's a crucial skill to have yet the White Room didn't even teach me that however they should be able to know that and they will probably teach them to the next generation ahead of me. Still I can survive in this world if I just u-

"Why are you spacing out?" She smack my leg with a cane to snap me out of my train of thoughts, although it didn't hurt me at the very least.

"Sorry. Oh it's about to start." I just apologize and point put the time, it was about reach 12 and the next year will start.

"Right. Hope the show is good." She moves closer to me till we touch each other.

"Why are so close?" Is she doing this to caught me off guard and suddenly make it seem like I was forcing her to this.

"Don't think about this deeply because I just want to spend this time nothing like before." When she said that she looked lonely so I just let her be.

Soon the fireworks light up sky with it's beauty and Sakayanagi look at it happily I looked at both Sakayanagi and the fireworks they both look really beautiful it's like an art by the gods.

"Sakayanagi your beautiful." I said outloud on purpose to get her attention.

"E-eh? Why say that suddenly?" She looking a little flustered..

"It's just that I've never seen some who looks beautiful as you despite your height." A vein popped out in her forehead when I added the insult to her .

"Well I will forgive what you said to me earlier since I'm in a good mood." With that she just watched just fireworks so I did the same.

She has become precious to me in that short amount of time, she helped a few times, hangout with me and didn't do anything that would anger me.

The fireworks was quite a show as expected but nothing lasts forever and after a little bit everyone one was cleaning up the mess that the fireworks cause and once again the sky was now peaceful along with the clouds moving in their endless journey.

"Time went by fast huh." She said.

"For better or for worse the next year will start."

"Yeah we survived these past year so we just need to do it again that's how people survive right?"

I just nodded at her.

"So it's a new year." I muttered but Sakayanagi heard it.

"Goodluck this year Ayanokōji-kun."

"Happy New Year Sakayanagi."

"Yeah. Happy New Year too Ayanokōji-kun."

I wonder what events this year will have.

End

What do you think about this Chapter?

I have a hard time writing this because I can't focus clearly since this is my first time spending new year alone in my room. So sorry for the bad quality.

Happy New Year! 🎇🥂