Mr. Hinsley POV

Author's Note! Well here is a special surprise...even to me! I never had any plan to write these short scenes from Alex’s pov but the other day in the thawing of my writer's block this poured out of me. So here...enjoy. someday I may add it into the original but for now here it is.

Mr. Hinsley POV

Have you ever wanted something you know you just can’t have? I have thoughts I know I shouldn’t have. I know I won’t act on these thoughts because I would never do that. It’s against the rules. It goes against everything I stand for as a teacher. Just as I would never go after a married woman I would never go after one of my students.

And yet I sit here at my desk unable to pull my focus completely off of her. Out of the corner of my eye I see her writing, taking the occasional glance at the other girls’ work to see if they are doing it right. I should be grading papers and finishing next week’s lesson plans and yet at least half of my attention is on her and her ability to help her classmates. Hell if I was going to pay this much attention to the tutoring I could have done it myself and left her out of it.

She looks up at me and I turn my attention to the clock, it’s time to leave. Packing up my things I try to ignore the constant urge to know what she is doing or thinking. I know it is all in my head but I feel like I may be in danger. I watch the girls walk out of my classroom and I’m thankful on this day she didn’t stay behind. I shut everything off and walk out to my car. Lying to myself when I “don’t” notice her no longer in the parking lot.

I walk into my apartment and head straight for the shower. I get cleaned up and put some sweatpants on. I heat up some leftovers and collapse on the couch. I go through the motions of my normal evenings and try not to think about her. I need to stop thinking about her. My phone goes off and I check it. James. I roll my eyes at first, he’s been driving me crazy about…wait.

Anna, the memory of the masked woman at the party instantly makes my body react. Even though I never saw her face, she was beautiful. Her body was lethal and graceful and perfect. But it was her mind, her knowledge of literature that had truly caught my attention. How she had corrected the other students who were obvious idiots on the subject especially considering I know for a fact most of the college students at that house party were some form of literature majors. She was smart and beautiful. She was what I needed to get my mind off of a certain student of mine.

I text James back agreeing to his help to find my masked cinderella as he put it. I quickly regret it when he starts blowing up my phone in excitement. The man needs to get a life, preferably one of his own not mine. I lay back on the couch. There is a good chance he will never find her. I mean that is how life goes. I’ve had more heartache than not so I don’t expect much. If he does find her I am more than happy to get to know her better. There are so many what if’s that anything could happen. If nothing else, she is the distraction I need to keep my thoughts away from Miss Thomson.
-----------------
Why? Why? WHY did I sit next to her on that damn bus? I knew I shouldn’t and yet I did. I wanted to be next to her. I wanted to talk to her. I told myself it was ok. It was safe. We were on a bus full of people. What could happen? Did anything happen? No…yes… If I thought I could scratch this itch and it would go away I was very wrong. That “itch” has only gotten worse. The urge and want to talk to her, to be next to her, to simply ask her how she is doing is even stronger now. But it couldn't stop there. No, I had to see her last night, first in the pool and later in her night clothes.
I need this all to stop! I need to distance myself now more than ever! Speaking of the devil, there she is. I watch her walk across the lobby before collapsing.

“Savannah!”

----------------

I step into my room, the door slamming shut behind me. I have to be crazy. There is no way. FUCK! fuck! Fuck! Two months now I have been thinking of that tattoo. A simple dreamcatcher with talentedly detailed feathers. I have thought about it, how her body responded to my touch down her side. Wondering if the tattoo had any special meaning or just something she thought was pretty. Curious if there were more I hadn't gotten to see before we were interrupted.