Chapter Twelve

We sit down at dinner and I start to regret my sweater. It is too warm in here. Thankfully I wore a skirt which helps keep me a little cool. I'm sure after coming in from the freezing ski slopes it's nice but right now I'm sweating.

I sit with Brittany and the guys. I see Mr. Hinsley sitting on the other side of the room with the other teachers. Before I can look away he looks up at me. I think of his words from earlier about my intense stare and my cheeks warm up.

I wish I could blame it on the temperature of the room but at this point I know it's my reaction to him. It's silly really. He is my teacher and nowhere near my type and yet I feel things when he's around. Feelings that scare me because they are inappropriate for a student and teacher.

I bring myself back to the table and the conversation. I joke and laugh with my friends. It makes me smile and think about how happy I am to be here with them.

-----------------

We are having an unofficial pool party tonight. I personally hate the idea. Brittany on the other hand is so excited she can't stop talking about it.

I feel very self conscious in a swimsuit. I probably wouldn't even own one if it wasn't for Cassie making me buy one. We did compromise on a swimsuit she thought was cute enough and I thought was modest enough.

I am sitting on the edge of the pool, swinging my legs around in the water. Brittany is next to me. Elliot and Chase are trying to persuade us into playing chicken.

Over the time here my doubts about wearing a swimsuit have diminished. Looking around a lot of the girls are also wearing modest swimsuits. I guess I'm not the only teenage girl self conscious about my body. Plus I have gotten a lot of compliments on mine.

"Fine. I will play one game!" I shout to stop their whining.

I climb onto Elliots shoulders and Brittany gets on Chase's. We shove back and forth. Elliot loses his balance and we go crashing into the water.

"Two out of three!" I say climbing back up on Elliot's back and we start shoving again.

We all look up at the door when we hear it open. Mr. Hinsley walks in and my stomach drops. Any and all self doubts about what I look like resurface.

"Quarter till nine! Which means the party is over. Pack it up, clean up, and get up to your rooms!" He commands. His voice billowing loud in the indoor pool area.

His eyes scan the room until they land on me. It's for a split second. His eyes go wide and his adam's apple moves as he swallows. Some emotion I can't place flashes in his eyes before he quickly looks away and leaves.

We all get out of the pool, wrap up in our towels, and head up to our rooms.

As I come out of the bathroom dressed in my PJs there is a knock on the door. I open it and Brittany joins me. Mr. Foster walks into our room to make sure no one else is in there while Mr. Hinsley stays outside marking on a clipboard; not looking at me once.

"Alright ladies have a good night!" Mr. Foster shuts the door behind him.

I climb into bed and read my book until I fall asleep.