Chapter Five

My breath hitches and desire pools between my legs. His fingers leave my hair and find their way down my side, tracing my tattoo, as they move lower. I grip the sheets in anticipation. I bite my lip holding back a moan as his lips caresses my inner thighs, leaving a trail of kisses. I can’t hold back anymore and a moan escapes my lips when I feel his hot breath on my most intimate spot. 

“You smell intoxicating.” His deep husky voice sends goosebumps all over my body. 

*beep* *beep* beep*

I sit straight up in bed. UGGHHHH!!! I have never woken up so horny before and now it’s happening multiple times a week! What is wrong with me?

“Why do you have an alarm set on a Saturday?” Cassie groans, half asleep. 

“Ever since I forgot to set it I don’t turn it off anymore.” I mumble. 

We both lay back down and go right back to sleep. A few hours later we wake up to the amazing smell of breakfast. I slip a hoodie over my PJs and run my fingers through my hair while Cassie just rolls out of bed. We walk into the kitchen and my mom greets us and tells us breakfast isn’t ready yet. I sneak a piece of bacon before we make our way to the living room. We collapse on the couch together. I grab the remote.

“Don’t even think about it! The game starts in ten minutes.”

I look up and scowl.

“No, Hunter! You and Dad have been hogging the TV watching football for two days now. We are going to watch something!” I shout as I start flipping through channels. 

He plops down in the chair. He doesn’t put up a fight because we both know Dad will take over the TV for the football game when he gets home. 

“So a little birdie told me you went to the masquerade homecoming party.” Hunter accuses me. 

I look at Cassie because she was the only one who knew I went. She gives me a guilty look and shrugs. My cheeks burn red thinking about that party. 

“Yeah, Cassie wanted to go. So I tagged along. We didn’t stay for very long. But the place looked awesome and everyone looked great.” I ramble. 

He doesn’t seem concerned, which is a relief. 

“Yeah it was a great party. I’m glad you guys didn’t stick around long. I heard it got pretty wild the later it got. People hooking up and the usual shit that goes down at these frat parties. Put a mask on and everyone thinks they can do whatever they want. It’s a good thing I didn’t see you there. I would have dragged you out of there so fast.”

“Oh shut up, Hunter!” Cassie cuts him off. 

“You should have known better, Cass.” He chastises. 

“It was fine. She is a big girl and she will be at college and going to parties next year.” Cassie fires back. 

I think about college next year. I don’t even know where I’m going to school next year. I have yet to hear back from any of the schools I applied to. I know some of them were a long shot but I had expected to hear back from the local community colleges by now at least. No one knows where all I applied because I don’t want anyone getting excited just to be let down with a rejection letter. Hunter and Cassie both go to State and I think they both just assume I will be there next year too. But who knows, I haven’t heard back from there either. 

My mom pulls me from my thoughts. We all get up and join my mom in the kitchen just as my dad comes in the door. After a house full of family and having the same things to eat for the past two days because there were so many leftovers, it is nice to sit down to a quiet breakfast. 

----------------

“So I don’t know if I should tell you this.” Cassie looks at me, a little worried. 

She is staying the night again before heading back to State tomorrow with Hunter. She has been fidgety all evening. She has been building up to say something throughout most of the movie I can tell. The look on her face peaks my interest. We turn towards each other. 

“Soo...Hunter and I were talking…”

“You’re not getting back together are you?” I quickly ask. 

“No, that ship has sailed. We both know we are better off friends. But we were talking about the homecoming party.” She starts fidgeting with her blanket. 

“Yeah I was there, and thanks by the way for telling him. We knew he wouldn’t like me going and I thought we agreed not to tell him.” I argue.

“I know, sorry, it just slipped out in conversation. He was mad but backed off after I told him how bored you were and how we left shortly after getting there.” 

“Subtle.” 

“But that’s not what I wanted to tell you. So we were talking later on and he meanted a guy he knows who was asking around about a girl from the party.”

The thought of it being me makes me nervous. I will deny even to myself that it also makes me a little excited. 

“He was asking if anyone knew who she was. She was in a black lace dress and mask, possibly an English Major, had a tattoo, and her name was Anna.” She tells me, unsure how I will react.

My heart is ready to beat out of my chest. My palms are sweating.

“Hunter never saw your outfit and unless you told him I’m pretty sure I am the only person who knows about your tattoo, so he doesn’t think it was you.” she continues.

This is a huge relief. I don’t think I could handle Hunter finding out what happened at that party. 

“But, Anna….I asked Hunter what the guy’s name was and he said James. Wasn’t your guy named Alex?”

See I knew it was too good to be true. If his real name is James why would he tell me it was Alex? If it was so I wouldn’t know who he was after the party, why look for me? He could be talking about someone else and it’s just a coincidence. 

“Anna?” 

I don’t realize I’ve gone completely quiet to her news. 

"I don't know what to say. It sounds like me...what does the James guy look like?" I ask.

"I don't know. I didn't want to keep asking questions in case Hunter started getting suspicious." She confesses and I nod my head, understanding. 

"If it is him...do you want him to know? Do you want to see him again? I started to get the impression you didn't, by your reactions to me trying to find him after the party." 

She stares at me. I can't tell if she's excited and wants me to say yes or worried I might say yes. 

"I don't know, I will think about it." I reply.

She smiles and turns back to the movie. Nothing else is said about my mystery man the rest of the weekend and I am relieved.