Chapter Thirteen

"I am so cold." I say as Brittany and I sit down in front of the big fireplace down in the lobby. We have been out learning how to ski all day.

I pull out my journal, bring my knees up to me, and start writing. It is so beautiful and peaceful here. The resort has stunning high ceilings with exposed wood beams. The large fireplace is made out of stones. I start to feel sad that we have to leave tomorrow.

"Well I'm going up to the room." Brittany says after a few minutes of staring at the fire and warming up. She never could sit in one place for very long.

"I think I will stay here a little longer. I will be up later to get ready for dinner." I tell her as she gets up to leave.

As some time has passed, while I am drawing my hand starts to shake. I notice my head is starting to hurt. I look at the time and try to remember when I ate last. Breakfast, we skipped lunch skiing. Shit! I quickly shut my journal and wrap the string around. I stand up and hurry towards the elevators. But that is a mistake, I move too fast, and become dizzy. I tried to grab a table but I must have missed it. All I see is the floor before it all goes black.

~Mr. Hinsley POV~

"Savannah!" I shout out to her as I watch her collapse to the ground.

My mind is racing and my chest is pounding. What just happened?! I drop down to the ground next to her. I make sure she is breathing and has a pulse. I slide my arms underneath her and stand with her cradled to my chest.

"This way sir. We have a medical office back here." A staff member leads the way.

I look down at her face as we walk and she looks so beautiful and at peace. I try not to think about how many times I've wanted to hold her in my arms but not like this. I quickly push those thoughts out of my mind like I always do. The doctor on call is surprised when we come crashing in. I lay her down on the table.

"What happened?" The doctor asks.

"I don't know. She just passed out walking through the lobby." I tell him.

I watch as he slips a heart monitor on her finger and relief washes over me when I hear it beep. He quickly checks her eyes. Then he pulls her shirt up to listen to her lungs. I start to look away but something catches my eye. My brain goes blank and my body goes stiff as I stare at a beautiful dreamcatcher tattoo running down her left side.