Chapter Twenty-Seven

School Tuesday and Wednesday goes by much the same as Monday. When school is finally let out Wednesday I am gidding and a little nervous. I leave school and head straight to Alex’s apartment. He beat me here so I don’t waste time and knock on his door. He opens the door and  I can’t fight the grin that spreads across my face. He shuts the door and I stand awkwardly just inside. He hasn’t changed his clothes and it’s a little strange seeing him dressed like this outside of school. 

He walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist. 

“Hi.” he smiles down at me.

“Hi.” I return the smile.

We both laugh at ourselves. He pulls aways.

“I’m just going to go change. Make yourself at home.” 

I watch him disappear into his bedroom. I sit down on the couch, unsure what to do. I feel so at ease with him and yet I feel so unsure when I’m alone like this. Thankfully he doesn’t take long. When he walks out in black jeans and a grey State t-shirt, his tattoo sleeves exposed, I can’t help but stare. He moves around the room and sits down on the couch. We both turn to face each other. 

“I’m glad you came over.” He began,

The arm on the back of the couch reaches out and pushes my hair back behind my ear. He doesn’t let go of it though plays with the hair between his fingers. 

“When do you have to leave?” He asks. 

“Trying to get rid of me so soon?” 

He looks me in the eye afraid he offended me and I can’t help but laugh. His eyes squint at me and he smiles. 

“My parents don’t get home until around six so I have a couple of hours.” I tell him.

“Do they know you are here?” He hesitates.

“Of course not.” I look at him surprised.

“I just know how you hate lying to them. Where do they think you are doing right now?” He confessed. 

I shrug and look away, guilty.

“I never got around to telling them you canceled the tutor sessions. So since it’s Wednesday they probably just assume that is where I’m at.”

Alex starts laughing and it is truly a beautiful sound. 

“So I still get you for two hours every Wednesday and Thursday after school? But I don’t have to share you with anyone else or pretend like I don’t want to touch and kiss you whenever I want?” 

I laugh. His words make my core clench. I look at him sitting right in front of me and all I want to do is crawl onto his lap and kiss him. 

“Want anything to drink or eat?” He offers as he clears his throat and stands.

“Um..sure, just water please.” 

I’m an idiot. He obviously could read my thoughts. It was probably written all over my face. He walks back in with two glasses and sits back down. 

“I’m sorry.” I mumble. 

He lets out a small sigh. Then he surprises me by pulling me into his side and wrapping his arms around me. 

"You have nothing to be sorry about. It's going to be very difficult for us to behave ourselves, especially after that first night together. The fact that I know what is under all those layers of clothes is torture."

"And when you say things like that…" I bite my lip, unable to say more.

He smirks and nods his head.