Chapter Forty-One

I'm sitting in a chair in the middle of my room while Cassie finishes putting my hair up and starts on my make-up.

"I still can't believe you met his parents!" She laughed. "What were they like?"

"Mrs. Hinsley was sweet. She is very proud of her boys and talks a lot. Her husband, not so much. I couldn't really get a good read on him to be honest. He reminds me of the Alex everyone sees at school. And James definitely gets his friendly personality from his mother."

Cassie laughs.

"So what did you guys tell them about the two of you?"

"We told them everything, leaving out my age and the fact I'm his student. Like everyone, when they heard we met at the homecoming party they just assumed I was in college with you and James, I guess."

"Ok, hold still, let me finish or you will be late."

Quietly sit in my seat and let Cassie work her magic on me. Before long she is finished and I am slipping into my dress when I hear my mom yell from the front room that Elliot is here. I walk out and everyone's eyes are on me. I smile at Elliot as he stares at me.

"You are beautiful, Sweetheart! Come on, let me get some pictures before you guys leave." Mrs. Thomson gushes.

After we pose for a couple pictures I give my mom a hug goodbye. I walk over to my dad who has been standing in the doorway staying out of the way of my mom's flourish. I give him a hug and he gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"You look beautiful! Have fun, be safe." He tells me before letting me go.

Elliot and I make our way out to his car and off to prom. As soon as we get there we meet up with Brittany, Chase, and their dates.

"Damn Savannah, you look hot." Chase exclaimed, receiving an elbow from Brittany and a not very happy glare from his date.

We pair off and make our entrance into the prom. When we walk in everyone is looking around at the decorations and commenting on it all. My eyes are scanning for something else. I don't see him as we make our way to an empty table. Once we claim it as ours and put down our things we all make our way out to the dance floor.

A few songs in and I can barely breathe and I'm fanning myself. It's so warm inside here. We all agree to take a break and get some drinks. Elliot hands me a drink and I smile up at him being a little over dramatic in my thank you. A slow song starts and everyone stands and makes their way back out on the dance floor. Elliot stands next to my chair and offers me his hand. I take it and follow everyone out onto the floor. It is a pretty song and we gently sway to the music. It's nice but a little awkward.

"I'm so glad you came with me." Elliot whispers to me.

"Me too. I'm having a great time." I smile at him.

After dancing to a couple more songs I need another break. I still haven't seen Mr. Hinsley no matter how much I search for him. I grab my purse and take my phone out. Maybe things changed and he's not here or something. When I see a text from him my heart skips. What if something happened to him? I click on it real fast.

My room NOW! -A.H.

My insides clench at those three words. For the millionth time this evening I scan the room for him and nothing. I get up and leave the gym. My heart is racing. I'm so nervous as I make my way through the deserted hallways. Once I make it to his classroom I steady myself before turning the handle and entering. My breath hitches at the sight in front of me. Mr. Hinsley is pacing when he looks up at me. He is in a tux with his hair cut and styled just right. His jacket is laying on a desk and his sleeves are slightly shoved up, showing a hint of inked skin. But it is the dark lustful stare that has me frozen where I stand.