Chapter Fourteen

I wake up in a strange room and Mrs. Paulson is sitting in a chair up against the wall. I look at the monitor and I know exactly what has happened. Damn low blood sugar! I should have known better. I am always careful but this has happened a couple of times over the years. Usually not this bad.

The doctor comes in and talks to me about how dangerous it is to let my numbers get so low. He also explained how the higher altitude could have added to the problem starting with missing a meal. Once he checked me again I was free to go. I missed dinner so room service is being sent to my room.

When I finally make it back to my room it is curfew. Mrs. Paulson checks our room and tells us good night. Even though I just woke up I want nothing more than to fall onto my bed and drift off to sleep. And that's exactly what I do. I fall asleep to Brittany talking about how worried she was when I didn't come back up to get ready for dinner.

The next day I decide to take it easy on the slopes. Brittany babys me the entire time as well. We spend the whole morning skiing before making sure we come in for lunch.

I stir my soup absent-mindedly. I look around and my mood drops thinking about how I haven't seen Mr. Hinsley at all today. I actually haven't seen him since breakfast yesterday.

I just remind myself we have the bus ride back home tonight. I try to hide the smile the thought brings to my face.

After lunch we hit the slopes one last time before we have to pack up. I'm not very good at it but Brittany and I have had so much fun learning together. It's a sad moment as we return our rentals for the last time.

When I get on the bus I find a seat across the aisle from Chase and Elliot. To my relief no one tries to sit with me. I couldn't exactly tell them: no I want to sit with Mr. Hinsley. I look out the window and wait.

Mr. Foster once again gets up front and takes attendance and gives a little speech. The empty seat next to me is concerning. I look forward and see Mr. Foster walking to the back. He sits a couple seats behind me. I search around and find Mr. Hinsley sitting up front with the other teachers. My stomach turns and I try to hide the hurt feeling I get. Did he not want to sit with me? I turn to the guys.

"Hey I thought we were a full bus. Why do I have an empty seat?" I ask them.

"Nate's parents are here and they are staying until Sunday." Chase let me know with jealousy obvious in his voice.

I sit back and take all of it in. Was he told to sit up front or did he choose to? Mr. Foster is sitting in the back instead this time, why? I think about how I haven't seen Mr. Hinsley all day and start to wonder if it was intentional. Surely as a chaperone he was told about my doctor visit. Does that have something to do with it? If he does know I wish he cared enough to check on me. He is sitting with Mrs. Paulson...is something going on between them? My irrational brain continues to overthink everything. To help vent my thoughts I pull out my journal.

At some point I fall asleep. Chase shoves my shoulder and I look up at him.

"Savannah! We're back at school."

I rub my eyes and gather my things. As I step down off the bus I see Mr. Hinsley getting into his car and driving off. I get my suitcase, say goodbye to everyone, and head home.

Unforeseen Attraction (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें