Chapter Thirty-two

I am so ready for this weekend. This has been one hell of a stressful week and a roller-coaster of emotions. And my weekend is starting off with another movie night with friends. This time I'm picking the movie. In honor of Valentine's Day the movie theater is showing "romantic classics." If I'm going to be forced to spend my evening watching a movie it might as well be ones based on some of my favorite books! 

Brittany isn't able to go but Eliott and Chase are still in. I'm sure they will complain once they see the movie choice. Cassie and Hunter are coming home this weekend! The five of us should have a great time tonight. Or at least that is what I'm hoping as I finish getting ready. I look at the time. I need to leave if I don't want to be late and I hate being late. As I'm driving my phone rings. 

"Hello." I answer.

"Hi, Anna. I'm afraid Hunter and I won't make it in time for the movie. We are stuck in traffic and it's not moving." Cassie complains.

"Oh ok. I was starting to wonder where you guys were when you weren't home when I left."

"Yeah, we think there is an accident up ahead or something. We will be home later." 

"Well, I'm driving so I'm going to get off of here. See you guys laters."

"Bye Anna." 

The line goes dead and shortly after I pull into the movie theater parking lot. I smile when I see Elliot and Chase standing on the curb waiting for me. 

"You guys could have waited inside for me. It's a bit chilly out here." I announce my presence. 

"Hey! Where's Cassie and your brother?" Elliot asks. 

"They won't be able to make it." I tell them.

"So what movie are we seeing, because I looked at the list of showings, and I already know I'm going to hate it!" Chase glares at me. I smile at him.

As we walked inside we looked at the showings. Pride and Prejudice, A Walk to Remember, Little Women, Something Borrowed, The Great Gatsby, and Great Expectations. We decided on Gatsby because I got out voted. It is one of my favorite books so I won't complain. 

"Ok I will go get our seats, you two can get drinks and popcorn." Chase says, handing Elliot a few dollars. 

We walk over to the counter and look over the menu. After looking at the prices we agree to just share a large refillable popcorn and drink and get Chase's drink. We are handed our order and walk over to get straws and napkins. As I turn around to head into the theater I stop in my tracks. Alex, no Mr. Hinsley is standing a few feet away from us. Eliott hands me my stuff and looks at what I'm staring at.

"Is that Mr. Hinsley?" He asks. 

I stand frozen as he approaches us. I take notice that he isn't alone. James is with him and a woman, the same one I saw him with at Dante's months ago. She is young, probably around their age, and very pretty. I try not to stare at her. Who is she? And why is she here with them? I feel the jealousy and I blush.

"Miss Thomson, Mr. Tanner." He greeted us in a sturn professional tone. 

I look over at James and he looks away, unable to make eye contact with me. I look back at Mr. Hinsley.

"Hey, Mr. Hinsley. Here to see Pride and Prejudice or something?" Elliot teases. 

I internally cringe...could this get any more awkward?

"Alex, are these two of your students?" The woman asked.

His name on her lips makes me nauseous.

"Yes." He gave a curt reply.

"Well we better get going, we don't want to miss the beginning of the movie and we've intruded on their date enough." She says.

"Oh we're…"

"This isn't…" 

Elliot and I both start but stop when we hear one another. Ok, it obviously could get worse. We just need to leave. We say a quick goodbye before walking off. I take one last look at Mr. Hinsley but I can't read his reaction as he walks off with her and James. 

I sit down and hand Chase his drink. I can’t stop thinking over everything that just happened. Who is she and why are they all together? Is she with James? Should I tell Cassie? What would have happened if she was here like she was supposed to be? The stupid preview reminds me to silent my phone. I pull it out of my pocket and consider texting him. But I don't, I just shut it off. 

The movie was good and the guys didn't completely hate it so it was a win. When it is over I am on high alert looking for him in the lobby. They must still be in another theater or already gone. I am relieved but also a little disappointed. 

"Are you up for dinner?" Elliot asks me. 

"I have to get back home. My brother is home for the weekend." I remind them.

They nod and tell me goodbye as we make it to my car. Before I drive off I turn my phone back on, curious to see if he's tried to call or text me. I am disappointed once again, nothing. I head home and hope I get a chance to vent to Cassie. 

A.N.
I am so excited for this story! I hope everyone is enjoying it so far. I just posted Ch. 32 and just finished writing Ch. 48...make this story offically longer than His Forbidden Sweets! Big thank you to my friend Jenny who is the one person peer reading this as I write it and fueling my schedule for finished chapters.
Please leave vote and comments!

What/who do you love so far in this story?