159

"Do we get to keep the baby here forever?" Juniper asked as we all ate our dinner. "Yep. For the rest of our lives." I said quietly and looked up at Colby.

He was the only one standing up since he was rocking Maisie gently in his arms.

"I can't believe you guys are really parents." Jenna said as I nodded. "Yeah, it's pretty wild." I said then took a bite of my pizza.

"Now that the baby is born, is Sam gonna leave again?" Little Sam asked with a hint of sadness.

"Sorry, bud. I have to go back to LA but to my understanding you guys may be moving out there." Sam said and looked at me.

"Possibly." I hummed as Juniper snuggled up to me. "I missed you, sissy." She said and looked up at me.

"I missed you too, love." I said with a smile. "Are we gonna be gone before the school year starts again?" Carter asked.

"I'm not sure. Why?" I asked curiously. "Because I want to figure out if I have to try on my finals tomorrow." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"Yes. You do." I said causing him to laugh. "Damn." He grumbled as I laughed.

"It would be so embarrassing to be in the grade below your twin sister, don't even lie." I said as he nodded.

"That would suck." He said with a nod then continued eating his pizza.

We all ended up sitting around for a while before the kids dispersed to do homework and Juniper was put to bed.

"I'm gonna head to bed guys." Adult Sam said as he turned to go towards the guest room.

"Alright, man. See you in the morning." Colby said as Sam smiled and waved to us before disappearing to his room.

"I think it's time we officially introduce Maisie to our house." I said and looked at the baby in my arms. She was lazily looking around the room with a blank look on her face.

"Yeah, I think she's gonna love it." Colby said with a laugh as we made our way towards the stairs.

"Okay, Miss Maisie. This is the upstairs." I said quietly as we walked down the hallway.

"We're gonna show you your room, but you won't really be able to use it for a while." I said and walked into the nursery.

Colby had worked so hard on making it perfect, which I thought was adorable.

It was crazy that a man with a hard exterior cared more about the nursery being perfect for his daughter than anyone else.

As soon as we walked into the room, Maisie started to cry.

"Oh, great! She hates it." Colby said with a laugh as I shook my head. "No, I think she's just so excited that she can't contain it in her little body." I said and rocked her back and forth.

"In reality she's probably just hungry." I said then sat in the rocking chair. "Here." Colby said and came over with a blanket so he could lay it on my lap.

I smiled at him then positioned Maisie so she could eat. "You look tired." I said and looked up at Colby as Maisie ate.

"Yeah, sleeping in the hospital was not the easiest. I'm just glad to be back home." He said and leaned against the wall, just watching me.

"Yeah, our bed is just screaming my name right now." I said and leaned my head back.

"Well once the little one is done eating we'll be ready to finally get to bed." Colby said then came over and kissed my head.

"You can go ahead and get a head start." I said as he nodded. "Okay, call if you need anything." He said then turned to leave the room.

I took this second to really bask in the moment. After a long year of danger and stress, I was finally sitting in silence while I was holding the baby I fought so hard for.