136

Colby's POV

Watching Julia settle into her pregnancy was the highlight of my life.

She's been through so much and hasn't really gotten to enjoy being pregnant yet.

I could see the joy in her starting to come through the more we worked on the nursery.

It was hard watching her body give up on her from time to time. She was denying it but I could see how exhausted she was.

The pregnancy was just too much sometimes.

"Colby, can you come help Jule. She's being stupid." Carter said as he poked his head into the room.

"What's she doing?" I asked with concern, standing up. "Uhh...she told me not to tell you." He said as I groaned slightly.

"Where is she?" I asked and started walking out of the room. "Kitchen." He said as I quickly made my way that way.

When I got to the kitchen, Julia was standing on the counter, wiping the top of the cabinets.

Sam was watching her, holding his hands out in case she was to fall, but there was no way he would be able to actually catch her.

"Julia, what the hell are you doing?" I asked and rushed over. "Cleaning the cabinets." She said nonchalantly.

"Dude." I sigh, causing her look glance down at me. "What?" She asked innocently. "Get off the counter, Jules." I said blandly.

"It's so gross up here, Colby. I'm almost done." She said then turned back to continue cleaning.

"Carter, I told you he would overreact." Julia said as I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not overreacting, Julia. You are very pregnant and if you fall you'll get hurt." I said with a sigh.

"I'm almost done." She said simply as I rolled my eyes again.

Julia was stubborn and although most times I found it amusing, this time I was annoyed.

I watched her carefully before her leg slightly gave out, causing my whole body to erupt with fear.

"Julia! Get down NOW." I snapped causing her to look down at me, narrowing her eyes. "I'm done anyways." She said as I clenched my jaw and helped her get off of the counter safely.

"We should go.." Carter mumbled awkwardly as he pulled Sam out of the room.

"What the fuck was that about, Julia?" I asked as she sighed and turned away from me.

"What has gotten into you?" I asked, pulling her shoulder slightly so she would look at me.

"Nothing, Colby. The cabinets were dirty and needed cleaning." She said as I sighed.

"The top of the cabinets could have waited until you weren't seven months pregnant." I said and raised my brows.

There was a look in her eye that was telling me something was really bothering her but she didn't speak.

"You can talk to me, Jules." I said and lifted her chin so she could look up me. "What is it?" I asked gently.

I knew I was being harsh only a minute ago but it was only because I cared about her and our baby.

"I feel useless." She mumbled as I scrunched my brow. "What are you talking about?" I asked as she shook her head.

"It's nothing." She said then turned to clean up the stuff from the counter. "No, it's not nothing. Come on, Jules. You know we work better when we're together." I said and stopped her.