11

"How do I look?" I asked, walking out into the bedroom. "Beautiful as always." Colby said with soft eyes as I grabbed my keys.

"I'm nervous." I said as he walked up to me. "You're gonna do great." He said and wrapped his arms around my waist.

Today was my first day at work and I was extremely nervous for it. I haven't worked in over a year and didn't really know what to expect.

"What time do you get back?" He asked as I shrugged. "Supposedly six, but that could change." I said then sighed.

"Don't sweat it, Jules. You're gonna be amazing like you always are." He said then gave me a gentle kiss.

"Now go before you're late." He said then turned me around and smacked my ass.

"What are you gonna do while I'm gone?" I asked as we made our way out of the room. "Wallow in self pity probably." He said with a laugh.

"Find a hobby, babe." I said as he nodded. "I have a hobby." He said as I rolled my eyes.

"Find one that doesn't involve killing people." I said then turned and brought my hand to his cheek.

"I love you. Please pick up the kids and I'll try to bring some dinner." I said as he shook his head.

"Don't worry about that. Just come straight home." He said as I nodded. "Okay." I said with a sigh then reached for the door.

"I love you, sweetheart. Have an amazing day." He said as I left the house.

When I got to the car I sighed, looking down at my shaking hands.

"You can do this, Jules." I said then started the car. It wasn't a high stake job at all and I could easily get another restaurant job if I wanted or needed.

I just had an overwhelming urge to be the best at work.

This was also the first real thing I was doing without Colby.

After everything that happened at the brothel, Colby has pretty much been right by my side.

I partially wanted him to get a job here too because I felt so unsafe but we couldn't spend every minute of every day together.

As much as I loved him, if we continued the way we were going we would eventually resent each other.

When I got to the restaurant I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before getting out of the car.

I knew I needed to just rip the bandaid off and get inside before I could convince myself to give up and go home.

When I got inside I was met by a younger girl who was probably around 16.

"Can I help you?" She asked as I smiled. "It's my first day." I said causing her to nod. "Great, I'll go find Billy." She said then walked away.

I sighed and shifted awkwardly, trying to keep myself calm.

I hated how nervous I was and how badly I wanted to run out of here.

I couldn't help but laugh at how willing I was to run into a dangerous house that held Colby being held hostage but going to work for the first time felt impossible.

"Hey, you must be Briana." A bald man said as he walked over. "That's me." I said as he nodded.

"Kate is gonna train you today. Just follow her around." He said then gestured to the curly headed girl who was writing specials on a board.

"Okay." I said then walked up to her. "Hey. Briana right?" Kate asked as I nodded.

"Sick, I'm Kate. I'll be training you." She said then hopped off of the chair she was standing on. "Let's go." She said then led me towards the kitchen.