25

Colby's POV

I waited around in the hotel room, killing time by sitting on the balcony and smoking.

The guilt was slowly eating away at me that I was getting away while Julia was at home, but I had to keep reminding myself that she admitted to us possibly not working out.

I didn't want to admit that there was a possibility of us falling out of love but it was something that could happen.

We lived an entirely different life now so feelings could possibly change.

I still loved Julia with my whole heart and I changed my life to be with her. I couldn't speak on Julia's feelings, but I just had to hope that she was still in love with me.

Deep down I knew that she loved me, because I don't think she would bawling her eyes out right now if she didn't.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing.

"Hey, man. We're here." Sam said as I grinned and stood up.

"Come on up. I'll open the door for you." I said then went to go inside.

"Alright, be up in five." Sam said then hung up. I couldn't help but feel the excitement creeping in, knowing I would be hanging out with my best friends for the weekend.

It's been so long since I've seen them and felt like anything but a house boyfriend.

It was going to feel good to actually let loose.

I ended up pouring a couple shots then went to answer the door, revealing Sam, Jake, and Corey.

"Brother!!!" Jake yelled and went to hug me. "Hey, how's it going?" I asked and gave him a hug.

"I missed you, dude. Sam is fuckin scary when you're not around." Jake said causing Sam to laugh.

"Scarier than when I was in charge?" I asked and gave Corey a hug. "Not even close." Sam said as Corey chuckled.

"That's what you think." He said as I hugged Sam.

"Is Julia gonna come kill us for doing this?" Jake asked as I shook my head.

"Julia and I are in a little bit of a rough patch, she doesn't know about this and she won't." I said as Sam narrowed his eyes.

"You really think that's a good idea?" He asked with a laugh.

"Probably not, but I'll deal with the repercussions later." I said then went to grab the shots I poured.

"Let's do a shot." I said as Sam laughed. "Some things never change." He said as I handed out the whiskey shots.

"So like what do you do now?" Corey asked after we took our shots. "Babysit." I said and sat on the couch, leaning back.

"That's gotta suck, man." Jake said as I shrugged. "The kids are good, and I don't mind being around them. I guess I just miss the thrill I used to get being in the gang." I said as they all nodded.

"Yeah, I'm surprised you were able to pull it off honestly. I thought someone would have tried to follow you." Sam said as I nodded.

"It's still not out of the question but I highly doubt anyone cares to follow around someone or connected to the business anymore." I explained then poured myself another drink.

"Yeah, they don't care about watching you change diapers and shit." Jake said as I shook my head.

"I don't change diapers, asshole. Just take them to school and help with homework and stuff." I said and leaned back.