95

"Are you sure this is okay?" I asked as I finished zipping up my bag. "I'm sure." Colby said quietly, taking my face in his hands.

"Jake and Corey are gonna be with us. They're gonna be far away enough that we won't notice but close enough to be watching for anyone who might be following." He explained, looking into my eyes.

"Plus, we gotta get the kid checked out." He said and put his hand on my belly. "Yeah. You haven't even seen the baby yet." I said with a sigh, laying my hand on his.

"I'm excited." He said as the door opened, revealing Sam with the kids.

"The truck is here." He said as Juniper ran up to us. "Sissy, it's so cool." She said as Colby grabbed the bag in front of us and put it over his shoulder.

"Yeah?" I asked as she nodded. "It's like those biiiiig trucks you see on the highway. The ones that honk reaaal loud." She said as I chuckled.

"Why do we have one of those again?" I asked and looked up at Sam. "Safety first, Jules." He said with a grin.

"Right." I said as Colby took my hand. "We should get going." He said as I took Juniper's hand.

"Why can't we come again?" Jenna asked as I sighed. "It's just too dangerous for all of us to go. The only reason I'm going is to get the baby checked out." I explained as we all made our way down the hallway.

I decided that I didn't want the kids to come back to Texas with Colby and I.

As much as I wanted to be with them at all times, it was just safer for them to be down here.

"Haven't we learned that being apart isn't a good idea?" Carter asked as I chewed my lip and looked up at Colby.

"It's not the best idea we have ever had and I'll admit that, but Julia needs to get the baby checked out. This is the only option." He explained as we got in the elevator.

"Are you gonna grab some more stuff for us?" Little Sam asked as Juniper squeezed my hand.

"Yeah, we'll grab anything you want. Just tell Sam and he'll text me a list." Colby said as I looked down at Juniper.

"Are you guys gonna come back?" She whispered with so much innocence I felt my heart ache.

"Yeah, in a couple days. I promise." I said and pulled my hand away from Colby so I could hold my pinky out to her.

"We don't keep promises." She said as I laughed. "We're not the best at it but we're working on that." I said as the doors opened, revealing a huge ass truck in the garage.

"That seems unnecessary." I said with a laugh as Colby shrugged. "Go big or go home." He said as I turned towards the kids.

"We're gonna say goodbye then I need you guys to listen to Sam. Whatever he says, you do." I said then looked at Jenna.

"Without argument." I said as Carter laughed. "You have a reputation of being a bitch." He said as I gasped. "Carter!" I snapped and smacked him in the arm.

"Maybe this isn't a good idea." I mumbled and looked at Colby.

"It's gonna be fine. Sam can handle some back talk." He said as Sam nodded. "No back talking. I swear I will find out and you'll be in trouble." I said as Jenna laughed.

"What are you gonna do? Ground us? We're already trapped in a basement somewhere." She said as I rolled my eyes. "She's got a point." Colby hummed as I groaned.

"We're leaving." I said then crouched down and gave Juniper a hug. "Love you, sissy." She said as I nodded. "I love you too, bug." I said then kissed her head.