111

Colby's POV

"He knows." I said as Sam looked at me with fear in his eyes. "Which means he knows about Julia." I said as he nodded then sped down the road.

"God damnit!" I hissed as anger flooded through me.

I knew Snake was a professional and I knew he would know about Julia but the fact I had to sit in a car for 17 hours while he was possibly hurting or killing Julia made me want to kill someone.

"We're gonna get to her. Call Jeremy and send him out to find her. Have him make sure she doesn't get hurt." Sam said as I nodded.

I was glad he was here to help me during this because when my head wasn't on straight, he was there to make sure we got everything taken care of.

I nodded, pulling out my phone. "I should call Max, too. He probably has some more information for us." I said as I dialed Jeremy's number.

"Good idea." Sam said as he sped down the road. Jeremy's phone rang for a couple seconds before he finally picked up.

"Hey, Colby." He said, sorta out of breath. "What are you doing?" I asked and narrowed my eyes. "I was uh...going on a run." He said and tried to catch his breath.

"Okay well instead of running I need you to go find Julia." I said with a harsh tone.

"Why? Are there recent developments?" Jeremy asked as I nodded.

"I don't want to discuss it over the phone. Sam and I are on the way to Seattle. We should be there by morning so I'll need to see with you." I said and looked over at Sam.

"Oh...okay. Yeah. Just let me know when you're in town. I'll keep an out for Julia. I don't know where she would go though." Jeremy said as I shrugged.

"In the eye of the danger. A warehouse downtown somewhere. She can't go alone, they already know she's there." I explained and ran my hand through my hair.

"Okay, got it. I'll make sure she doesn't do anything stupid." He said as I nodded.

"Good. I'll let you know when I'm there." I said then hung up. "He was acting weird." I said as Sam looked over.

"How so?" He asked as I shook my head. "I don't know. He was out of breath when he answered and said it was because he was on a run. I worked closed with him for five years and he never once went on a run." I said as Sam chuckled.

"Maybe he was hiding a body or something and didn't want to tell you about it." Sam said as I nodded.

"Possibly. Those bodies can get pretty fucking heavy." I said then dialed Max's number.

I knew getting him involved in this was possibly going to be the worst mistake ever but I didn't care. I needed to be quick if I was going to help Julia.

"He's not answering." I mumbled after the phone rang for forever. "Now THAT is weird." Sam said as I nodded.

"Something is happening and I don't like it. Not one fucking bit." I said and focused on the road in front of us.

We drove for a long time before the car randomly started to shake.

"What is happening?" I asked as Sam shook his head. "I have no idea." He said as there were four loud pops.

"Oh what the fuck?" I asked as Sam pulled over to the side of the road.

"Our tires blew out." Sam said as we got out of the car. I was confused because there wasn't anyone around since it was 3am and there was no sound of gunshots.

"God dang it." Sam said as we looked at all of the tires. "Someone is stopping us from getting there." I mumbled and looked around, trying to see if there was anyone around.