21

I spent the next hour doing physical therapy which felt like actual hell on earth.

I've been in a lot of pain before but this was next level since my left leg had been through so much trauma.

I wanted to beg for Justin to write me a prescription to take away the pain but I knew he wouldn't.

Everyone knew that I was a hot mess who wasn't allowed to have narcotics.

"Alright, get some rest but then do some exercises tonight and in the morning." Justin said as he handed me my crutches.

"What if I don't?" I asked with a frown. "Surprisingly you'll feel more sore in the morning. Just trust me, Bri. Alright?" He asked as I nodded. "Whatever." I said with a laugh then went to leave.

"See you next week." He said with a wink then opened the door for me.  "See ya." I said then slowly made my way out of the room and down the hallway.

I was in so much pain that I was whimpering with every step but I deserved the pain.

When I got back to the lobby, I let out a deep shaky breath.

"You okay, Briana?" The front desk lady asked as I nodded. "I'm fine." I sniffled then went to go to the door.

Colby must have saw me struggling because he got out of the car and rushed over to me. "How was your appointment?" He asked and wrapped his arm around me, holding me up.

"It hurt like a bitch." I said, letting him help me. "Pain now makes you stronger later." He said and helped me get in the car.

"Hi, sissy!" Juniper said from the back seat. "Hi, love. How was school?" I asked and looked back to see all kids sitting in their respective seats.

"It was good!" Juniper said happily as Sam sighed. "When are you gonna get better?" He asked as I shrugged.

"Hopefully soon." I said then looked straight ahead again.

I knew that the kids didn't like seeing me in pain so I really tried my hardest to seem okay while they were around.

"Jule, I really need help with a project tonight, can you help me with me?" Carter asked as I nodded.

"I can try. Jenna, do you have the same project?" I asked as Colby started driving us home.

"Yeah, I don't need help though because I actually didn't procrastinate." She said causing me to laugh.

"Some of us aren't losers." Carter grumbled. "I'm a loser!" Juniper said with a giggle.

"You are not." Colby said with a laugh. "Jenna and Jule are the losers." Sam teased. "How am I a loser!" I said and looked back at him.

"You just are. You don't go out and have fun." He said as I squinted my eyes. "I have an injured hip." I said as he chuckled.

"Yeah, now. You didn't do anything before then either." He retorted as I nodded. "Alright, true." I said and looked over at Colby.

"I'm gonna take you out this weekend, then you won't get called a loser." He said as I sighed.

"My body can't handle that." I said as he shrugged. "You'll be better by then." He said simply, focusing on the road.

"Can we come?" Sam asked as Colby chuckled. "Not this time, but I'll bring you guys out with us another time." Colby said and took my hand.

"Read the room, Sam. He's taking her on a date." Jenna said as Sam groaned. "We aren't in a room, Jenna. We're in a car." He said causing me to laugh.

"It's just a saying, Sam." I said and looked back at him. "A saying that only Jenna knows because she's a loser who reads." Carter teased as I rolled my eyes.